German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we had a full weekend. We ended up visiting Lauralie and Jesse unanounced on Saturday. (thanks again for everything!!!!) After we got home and Shadow took a 3 hr nap. (once again, thanks!) I decided to get him into the backyard for some training/play time. We worked on sit (yay) Down from stand and from sit (yay again) and then it was time for play. I started throwing his tennis ball for him, and one time it bounced and he caught it. I thought that was pretty neat, so rounded up some more balls, (with 2 kids fairly easy to find) and started throwing them. The more I threw, the more he caught!!! Now, he'll catch the ball, drop it at his front feet when I say "ready" and catch the next. Once all 4 balls have been thrown and caught, we start again. He loves it. I make sure he doesn't have to jump, because I know at 5 months it's not a good idea, but we have found something that he loves to do, almost as much as eating treats and it's not as fattening.

·
Registered
274 Posts
That's great, Diane! Maybe you can get some "action!" pictures for us! =)

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
oh wow! my riley just turned 5 months and theres no way it would ever happen, lol... enjoy!!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I have created a monster!!! Everytime we go outside, all he wants to do is play with these tennis balls. We've tried subsituting a frisbee, (nope) and sticks, but he has absolutely zero interest.
At least it's a good reward when we're training. I got one of the ones with a handle, and after 5-10 minutes of training, a quick game of tug, and then back at it. It's amazing what that guy will do for these things!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts