German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh my lord!!! Midnight is being so funny this morning! He's been trying in vain to catch his shadow! We're selling a house which has shiny wood floors and he can see his shadow (or reflection) in the floor. He looks at the floor then pounces on his shadow!

I've tried explaining that he's already caught it as it won't go anywhere without him, but I don't think he believes me. So cute!!!

I'd attach a pic but he seems to know when I'm trying to take his picture and he gets all up on the camera so I can't get him in the shot...

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Poor Midnight those pesky shadow people can really be a bother !

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
Work to distract him from doing this - give him a toy, or start some obedience, this is similar to a laser pointer and GSDs (and a terrier breed) do not do well with this.

Chasing Shadows - German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherds : German Shepherd Dog Forums › ... › The Puppy PlacePuppy Behavior
6 posts - 5 authors - Dec 24, 2011
My 7 month old GSD Fiona has always chased at shadows, but the past month or so it has become horrible. She is constantly pacing and ...
Help with shadow chasing‎ - 12 posts - Jan 5, 2011
A Question Regarding Shadows, Flashlights, Laser ...‎ - 10 posts - Nov 21, 2010
Light, reflection, shadows, laser pointer...‎ - 12 posts - Aug 18, 2009
shadow fixation‎ - 8 posts - Jan 3, 2009
More results from germanshepherds.com »

I know it's (REALLY) cute, but because of the breed, I would give him something else to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts