German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a news bulletin last night that the RSPCA (animal shelter) were waiving their adoption fees for the next couple of days. My sons then started the nagging. So today we got in the car and drove for nearly an hour with Shadow in tow. I told my sons we could only have a cat that Shadow was ok with. This is why she came with us. She was sooooooo good. :)
She waited patiently with my oldest son just out side the cattery all the shelter dogs were getting walked right past her (perhaps 2-3 foot from her snout away) she sat quietly waiting. NO reaction at all. we seen a few cats that we liked, but we were told because we have 4 dogs that we would need to bring our council permit back with us before we could adopt. :( We had so many conversations on the phone with these people prior to the trip out there, they could have told us that first. Anyway before we left the shelter I asked them if we could make sure Shadow would be ok before we even thought about the trip back. They agreed and brought over 2 dog hating cats to see how she would react. She showed little interest. She had a sniff, then sat back down, she watched them walk away and didn't care less. The staff were all complimenting her, she is such a good girl. It's been a hot day and it was hot in the car, so Shadow was rewarded with a quick trip to the beach on the way home.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
What a good girl Shadow! :) So are you still going to get a little friend for her?

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Awww What a good girl Shadow is!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.