German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does Shadow "stack" up? He's a BYB dog, so have no idea on what lines, etc. He turned 2 on Jan 30 according the the breeder.
Thanks.

ETA: sorry the pics are so small, but if you click on them, they take you to the full shot.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
My how time flies by.... I can't believe it has been 1 and a half years since I have seen Shadow in person... skinny still like Jesse too, they are looking a lot alike

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They do look alike. I keep hoping Shadow will fill out some more. Alot of people seem to think I'm starving him.

·
Registered
365 Posts
he is a good looking boy i would say american showlines in his blood somewhere ?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Gorgeous boy, reminds me of the Alsatians (lol) from the 1930's film someone posted a month back. Very leggy, I see a bit of the past in this fella.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks very much. I think he's a good looking boy, but I'm predjudiced. I'm still learning about the differances in working line and show lines.

What can I look for to try and figure out where he fits in? (not that it matters, just curious) He looks much lighter in size than most of the other GSD's where we live. I always thought he was undersized compared to them. He's 26" at the shoulder and weighs approx 70lbs.

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2747984370103498514tbmNot

·
Registered
656 Posts
Reminds me a bit of my rescue girl Kaya.

She's also on the small end of the standard, smaller feet, a bit of curl to the tail, and standing high on the rear feet.

·
2,967 Posts
26" at the shoulder is not small. It's the absolute top of the height standard for males.

He's just leggy and finer boned. Is he neutered? He might not really fill out much, but really that is better for his joints and I would bet he's quick!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He's still intact. I was advised by my vet not to neuter him too early in order to let him fill out to his full potential. As he's never out alone, it's pretty easy to make sure he doesn't escape to spread his love around.

He is extremely fast when he runs. My daughter says we should have named him Lightening. The only time he moves slowly is when it's bath time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts