German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get home from work I'll usually head out back and play fetch with Tuke and Zoey. It's been fairly hot off and and on lately so our sessions are short, maybe 10 minutes. Well I noticed Tuke running a pattern, she'll go after the ball straight on, but once she's got it, she heads back to me in a very round about way. At first I was thinking WTH is she doing, then I realised she was trotting along the shade from one tree then another and then down along side the shade from our camper lol. She doesn't start doing this until after about the 3rd or 4th throw.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My apartment complex has a small fenced in dog area. There is a tree that shades about 1/3 of the area in the evening. If I throw his ball and it rolls out of the shaded area, he'll run up to the shade line, stop, and turn around to give me a look. He's only 5 months old and he is definitely not use to the Kentucky heat.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
She's smart! Count yourself lucky that you own a dog who knows her heat limits :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My apartment complex has a small fenced in dog area. There is a tree that shades about 1/3 of the area in the evening. If I throw his ball and it rolls out of the shaded area, he'll run up to the shade line, stop, and turn around to give me a look. He's only 5 months old and he is definitely not use to the Kentucky heat.
Smart pup! Tukes competing with her sister so she has no problems going out after it, but now I'm curious if she would go after it by herself, I'll try it tomorrow.

She's smart! Count yourself lucky that you own a dog who knows her heat limits :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
She definitely knows her limits. All three of mine can go all day in the winter, but the heat of summer wipes em out quickly, me too.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yup, when it's hot chaucey only likes to run or walk around in the shade. She's been doing this she was 9 weeks. Smart dogs!

Sent from Petguide.com App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts