German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
We have a 15 week pup who is doing great with commands and bonding so far, house trained, crate trained, just the cutest little guy!

he is currently getting a training walk in the morning, short OB when we return, CRATE, play time at lunch and another short OB session, CRATE, then a sniff walk and OB around dinner. He gets a KONG or chew while we’re eating. There is play in here as well!

we feel he’s getting plenty of exercise andstimulation but around 630-7 the witching hour begins and he loses he mind. Like out of body experiences, zoomies, two chews on the couch, a hand chew, on to the next thing. Right now we’re putting him on the leash when he gets like this and trying to teach him to settle.

experienced owners, are we screwing this whole thing up? Is he overtired and we should just crate him? Will he outgrow this?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Cute puppy! Nightly zoomies are perfectly normal, so sit back and enjoy his exuberance! He'll grow out of it all too soon...

·
Registered
457 Posts
Once he is about 1-2 years old it'll be gone. I'ts a puppy thing. It sounds like it would be cute to watch. The zoomies... :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Zoomies is a great description of the phenomenon. I try to schedule my evening around zoomie time so we can go outside and run in the yard. There is currently about 6 inches of snow and I can let him run dragging a 20-foot long line behind him.

Plus, the nice run a couple of hours after dinner usually gets his bowels going. We get the evening poop out of the way :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts