German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a dumb question but I just want to be sure we are niether over feeding or under feeding our baby girl. We feed Blue Buffalo. After reading other posts we let her finish her bag of puppy food and have now started her on the Large Breed Adult formula. On the back of the bag the feeding schedule says "daily" for her weight class which is 70-100 pounds that the serving is 3- 3 1/4 cups. To the right of that it says recommended 2 meals per day. So should I be feeding her 3 - 3 1/4 cups per day or should I be feeding that to her twice a day ? :help:

On a side note we are so impressed with Blue. When we adopted her nearly a month ago she was nearly skin and bones. Didnt know much about toys, and was eating what I call junk food. In the month that she has been on Blue she has filled out, all but stop shedding, and her coat is super shiny and soft. We tried mixing her old stuff with the Blue just to make sure we didnt upset her system but she wasnt having it. From day one she would dig around the old food just to get to the Blue. Only the best for our little one.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
3-3.25 cups per day since the numbers listed are "daily", they just suggest breaking it into 2 or 3 meals.

I would just make sure you aren't seeing too many ribs, but that they aren't covered in too much fat. If you feel like she's too fat, cut it down, and vise versa

1 - 2 of 2 Posts