German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Ruger has been with us for 4 days. He is really bonded im guessing. He has taken well to his crate. I have put a crate in the bedroom near the bed. He went in really well and was doing fine( no crying and moaning). When ii got up and went to the restroom, he cried like a baby. I think if he could have seen my husband he wouldnt have cried. Is this the begenning of seperation anxiety...He was born Dec. 1st. So he is still a baby. He is doing good elsewise. He stays close to us in the day, we are retired. I am trying to put him in hiis big crate in the dining room where he is more alone. PLease let me know what you all think.

he has only had 2 accidents in the house. good boy:wub:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
No, it's pretty normal for a new puppy. Sigourney did it the first week or so too when I would get up to go to the restroom and she doesn't have separation anxiety.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Alpha Mom...Sometime is think I am over thinking this puppy.. I love him already....

·
Registered
510 Posts
I think it's normal, too. I now have Dexter's crate downstairs and that works out even better because I always tip-toed past his crate in the middle of the night. Or Luke, who's 4, would go over to his crate and go, "naner, naner." However, while he's fine in his crate all night now, (he's 11 months), when he's in his crate and he hears me come in from the store or whatever, he sounds like a demented lab chimp. Oy! I can hear him outside. Happily, he's seldom in his crate during the day because I work at home and I usually take him in the car with me. He loves hanging out in the car while I'm shopping, etc. You'll have so much fun with your new puppy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts