German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been away from Grissom for 3 hours and I miss him already! How will I go an entire week? I actually looked at his picture and cried! What's wrong with me? LOL!!!!!

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Well, I've been away from Grissom for 3 hours and I miss him already! How will I go an entire week? I actually looked at his picture and cried! What's wrong with me? LOL!!!!!
:hug: I can understand where you're coming from. It only took me about 30 years or so to get to the point where I can leave the Hoolings for more than an hour or two without getting upset!!! They have always done better than me when it comes to separation anxiety!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I can understand! I too am going through the same thing with Onyx. Only because I'm home bound until September. I'm on disability and when I return to work its going to be ****. I go to doctor visits and can't wait to get home to my dawg!!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It's so nice to have support from you all!! I feel I've come full circle. When I was not a mother yet my dog was king, when I became a mother 25 years ago my dog became a prince as my children were kings, but now that both children are all grown up and on their own my dog has stepped back into role as king. 

·
Registered
636 Posts
Okay now I don't feel so bad about my attachment to my dog.

When he was about 1.5 years old I went to Hawaii and was home sick because I wanted to go back to my dog -- pitiful. LOL I actually cried before I left and then cried when I got into the hotel, and just wanted to go home to my boy....who does that when they're in Hawaii, of all places?! LOL The trip was still fun, but man was I happy when I got home to my dog!! :)

Now I've been in Texas without him for 10 days so far (granted I get to see him on Thursday/Friday) but then I'm back out here for two more weeks. I'm doing okay with this one though because it was my decision to leave him in Florida so he could bond with the puppy rather than letting her take over the household -- which is what she would do if it were just my parents watching her (haha).
I'm sad that he is not out here with me, but when I talk to my mom and she tells me that he's helping train the puppy (apparently he nudged and growled at her when she put her feet up on the couch and she got right down...no dogs on couches in my house) it makes me feel good and that I made the right decision...plus I know that I'll be home soon enough!!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for sharing that story!! It's so nice to know I'm not alone!! Is the puppy yours or your mom's? What age do you think it's good to get another?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts