German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so even the trainer got to see it tonight at class. Roxy's brother was there again and the trainer took him from the owner and was showing her the pop collar thing when he pulls.

she tried to take roxy from me to show me and she skidded across the pavement and was horsing it trying to get back to me. The trainer said..she's a skittish puppy :( not words I wanted to hear. Her brother trotted around with her like he was her best friend and mine bucks like a bronco trying to get back to me. It made my heart sad ...I want her to be an independent and happy puppy..this is us at 4 months old.... any suggestions? All the trainer said was socialize and repeated it...I've been trying to do that. But it still all comes down to..she's with me almost 24/7 minus the few hours a week I am gone running errands. I try to during the day get out of her sight and she is doing better with that...but when we are out and about she wants to be right next to me.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I suppose that has negatives and positives. YOu are lucky in the sense that your dog has great focus on you, everything distracts mine in class and outdoors she could be a hundred feet away from me and not even look back to see if I"m still with her :p

Just separate a little more. Make it a fun exercise. Have a friend hold the leash and feed your dog treats while you walk away, when you walk back give your dog a treat, repeat this in public places etc.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know..I thought about this...well she def loves me...but I just want to make sure it's a healthy / happy love for her. I will give that suggestion a try. My best friend will be good at this. Thank you for that suggestion!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts