German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a silly question, but I don't want to do anything wrong with my puppy. Almost six months old and I have been giving her Heartgard and Advantix for fleas. I now have some Sentinel, which is supposed to take care of both. Dilemma is that she is due for her heartworm prevent about two weeks earlier than her flea prevent. So when should I give the Sentinel? Will it be ok to give it to her earlier (when she's due for the heartworm prevent) even though it might be doubling up on the flea prevent? Or better to let her go a couple weeks late on the heartworm? Thanks for any opinions.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Since this is summer and the peak of the mosquito season, I wouldn't want to be late with the heartworm. At the same time, I would be concerned about the double dose of the flea preventive. I would suggest you check with your vet or contact Sentinel.

·
Super Moderator
7,021 Posts
Give Sentinal when the Heartgard is due.

It's hard to overdose on these meds. More important to make sure your dog is protected. Think about shelter animals that receive meds on top of meds when their histories are unknown...happens regularly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts