German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 8 month old GSD has diarrhea very frequently. In fact she has diarrhea as much as she has normal stool. I've tried a couple of different dry foods and they all seem to have the same results. Currently she is on Diamond naturals large puppy. Are there any foods you've used for dogs with sensitive stomach's?

·
Registered
30,372 Posts
Have you had her tested for EPI? SIBO? IBD? Or allergies? If her history is like that, you need to start with a vet. Yes, the vet will give you a food that will help heal her stomach. The prescription diets aren't really for long term but they do serve a purpose.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
I agree with Jax08 to first have your vet check her over and take in a stool sample just in case. My husky had something like that and it turned out to be whip worms. If you've done the food changes quickly that could also be causing the up and down cycle. If everything checks out, I'd suggest adding a prebiotic for digestion, like Optagest which I give Baron as a daily supplement. For kibble, I can recommend Solid Gold which I order from Chewy. I feed Baron 1/2 Solid Gold Barking at the Moon (an all life stages kibble) and 1/2 Taste of the Wild Puppy Salmon. When I fed him all Taste of the Wild, his stools were loose, but he is doing well on this combination, so you may want to try 1/2 Solid Gold and 1/2 Diamond Naturals but do it slowly.Also it may be helpful to keep a journal of what she is eating including treats so determine if maybe there is a difference in her diet on those days that she has the diarrhea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts