German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thank you! He is on a hemp/coconut mix oil, I will look into this one.

He is having serious itchies, even has two open sores now. I am trying Victor Senior starting tonight.

If he has these reactions, do I still need to do a slow diet change? or can I go straight to 3/4 Victor and 1/4 current food?

OR chicken breast/rice/and new food?

·
Premium Member
4,660 Posts
Missing Link contains Yeast which I would not feed to a dog with skin problems.

Victor Sr. has chicken fat and chicken meal.

I would switch oils eventually
:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
ai yi yi... my poor dog. He has never done this before and he has been on missing link for 3 months...

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,660 Posts
Depends on each dogs individual gut!

Don't switch 100% at once. Give it a day or three gradual increases while following the guideline below:
If stool gets loose, go back to previous amount fed (where stool was solid) and hold at that amount for a few days until his gut gets use to it. Then increase again. This is called "bowel tolerance".

·
Registered
31,128 Posts
Or you could simplify the whole process, take him to a vet and do allergy testing so you actually know how to treat him before he develops more sores from the relentless itching.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Or you could simplify the whole process, take him to a vet and do allergy testing so you actually know how to treat him before he develops more sores from the relentless itching.
Yes I could do that if I had the luxury of time. It will have to wait until I return. Thank you.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts