German Shepherds Forum banner

Sending Dog Away to Train

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  24kgsd 
Clearly, you're doing some serious training. I sent my 7 month old puppy to get some obedience training in a neighboring state for just under two months. He should be home in a week or two. He and I went through basic obedience, then when the time came for more intermediate training, I found myself in a situation where, for a period of time, I wouldn't always be around to take him for training, and I didn't want any lag time, so I found a terrific trainer who takes in just a couple of dogs at a time. I, too, worried about the bond, but not really between my pup and I, but between he and my 4 year old GSD. We went to visit last week and they were great with one another, and it was obvious my dog and I were fine. I suspect once you get your dog back and work with him, it'll be as if you were never apart. I think dogs are pretty resilient and, let's face it, they're smart, but they also thrive on routine and aren't really all that complex. I'll bet you do just fine. Oh, and your dog is stunning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.