German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to secret my GSDs anal glands every week and a half or two weeks. Does anybody else have to do this for their GSD that often?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I did last fall, because of an infection. I switched his kibble, adding pumpkin and coconut oil. I also started giving raw bee pollen. My one vet figured seasonal allergies, and maybe a hint of food intolerance. He's fine now, fortunately. My regular vet said that continually expressing the glands manually will lead to them thickening, which makes things worse.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did last fall, because of an infection. I switched his kibble, adding pumpkin and coconut oil. I also started giving raw bee pollen. My one vet figured seasonal allergies, and maybe a hint of food intolerance. He's fine now, fortunately. My regular vet said that continually expressing the glands manually will lead to them thickening, which makes things worse.
It's just like all of a sudden his anal glands are FULL and SMELLY, his ears reek, and his breath is killer. I have him on a 5 star quality dog food and probiotics (he has gastric issues). I don't understand where all these nasty smells are coming from!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts