German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with Von Latto Breeders in Georgia? Possible photos of their dogs and recommendations? Thank you!

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
You mean Von Lotta I think?

German Shepherd puppies for sale | German Shepherd breeders | Imported German Shepherd Puppies| German Shepherd Kennels

I was looking at them, heard good things and some of the GA members here have met their dogs and spoke well of them. I, however, do not have any personal experience with them other then speaking with Yuliya on the phone (she was very patient with all my questions).

Neko a member and some others here have dogs from another GA kennel: Von den Oher Tannen

I've seen a couple of their dogs personally and the owners were happy.

Hopefully someone with more hands on experience will come along to give you more detailed feed back.

Good luck with your puppy search! :)

Does anyone have any experience with Von Latto Breeders in Georgia? Possible photos of their dogs and recommendations? Thank you!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I know Yuliya personally, train with her almost every week. I'm a working line girl, but if I was going to get a showline, I would get a puppy from her. She's brought several to club and they're nice little puppies. Yuliya is very nice and I wouldn't hesitate to ask her any questions.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I know of a Von Lotta female that came out and trained for a couple of months at our club. I think she was about 13 months old. She was very pretty. Nice conformation and beautiful coloring. However, she had problems. She was shy and fear aggressive. No one could come near her with out her hiding behind her owner. When she first came out she was scared of the the flirt pole. Eventually the helper sat on the ground and coaxed her to chase a little rag. She eventually grew in boldness and started chasing a tug but when the help stood up she became very fear full and went straight into defense. She came out for a few months but only became more and more defensive. She would bark and bite a sleeve but it was out of fear. If the helper moved toward her and was not working in strict prey motions she would flee to hide behind her owner. I felt bad for her that her owner kept bringing her out. Anyway, I don't know what happened. The club TD might have stepped in and advised that she was not suited for schutzhund. Any way she no longer comes.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Ilda comes from some of the same bloodlines Von Lotta has used (though she is not a Von Lotta dog) in their breeding program and was higher in defense but not fearful according to trainers. She didn't quite get the 'game' at first but after a few sessions she was barking and going for the rag/tug and I was having to be 'the post'. :D

Also, OP, you may want to contact the member Qbchutto through PM, she knows a lot of showline people and is in the South East. If you do want to participate in SchH do make sure to tell the breeder so they can help you pick a pup with the right temperament.

(Neko is the person who designed Oher Tannen's website and it is very nice, I agree!)

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Thanks very much for the compliment(s)! I haven't been here for a while....but I am always willing to assist if I can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts