German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I posted a couple of weeks ago in the non-urgent forum and had a few responses which I pursued. I appreciate those who provided resources. I am still looking for a male GSD 6 months-1 year in age. I thought I would reach out to this forum to see if there is anyone who knows of someone in a shelter/rescue setting or knows of someone looking to rehome a pooch that matches what I am looking for. I have been searching for months and have had a tough time in my search. I have been checking local shelter websites daily and have left my contact info with the few shelters that would take it. I appreciate any help that can be offered.

Here is a list of the shelters/rescues I have been checking daily with:
Spartanburg Humane, Greenville Humane, Greenville Animal Care, Foothills Humane, Rutherford County Humane, Blue Ridge Humane, Asheville Humane, Sarge Animals, Safe Animal Haven, Brother Wolf. I'm sure there's more but I've honestly lost track of who I've contacted!

There must be someone out there who can help- just haven't made the right connection yet!
Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You could file an application with GSRA ( gsdrescue.org )
They adopt to nc, sc and Virginia.
They occasionally get young German shepherds in.
I went to a couple of their “ meet and greets” before we adopted our shepherd mix, they seem like a good organization.

There is also the petfinder website?
Type in breed, gender, your zip code...

I know that breeders sometimes have older pups...you could check with breeders in your area.

Ps
Yesterday a man offered me his beagle. If you wanted a beagle, you could have his dog Benny...
( quite sad...he said he had no time for his dog and while he and Rumo were sniffing noses, he asked me if I wanted him! Or if I knew of anybody wanting a dog.)

·
Registered
31,097 Posts
This part of the forum is meant for dogs that need pulled for rescue or adoption from a kill shelter.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'm sorry I can't offer any help with your dog search, but just wanted to pop in and say hello as a neighbor! I live in Travelers Rest :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts