German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
What kind of puppy are you looking for? Working line or show line? What would day-to-day life be like for the dog? Do you plan on doing any kind of sports or work with the dog? How far are you willing to travel? Are you willing to have a puppy shipped to you?

We can’t really give recommendations without this information.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't want to put a puppy through the trauma of shipping. I'll travel 200 miles. I am a housewife. Yes we will walk her and socialize her. I've ordered her a playpen for sometimes. We have a Shepard/chow we love to death and he's the sweetest dog that ever lived.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
There are several WGSL (West German Showline) breeders in or around Atlanta. I am very happy with my boy, Asher, who came from Von Lotta Kennels near Atlanta. What attracts you to GSDs? Be sure you've thoroughly researched the training and exercise requirements for GSDs (which may or may not differ from your chow mix) before making a commitment, and best of luck finding a puppy. This is a great place to ask questions.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Whereabouts in Georgia are you? I live in upstate South Carolina but only a little over an hour from the Georgia border.

·
Super Moderator
6,475 Posts
@Denni Not sure if it’s your cup of tea, but there is currently an 8mo female posted in the rescue section that’s looking for a home in Ga, fyi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts