German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not too long ago I had a wonderful foster dog that I really had to push myself to place. I liked her that much. She is doing really, really well in her new home and at 10 years of age is still healthy and sound.
She was an import and had been a very successful schutzhund competitor. I know that she had been breed at least once. Her GSD Pedigreedatabase page has progeny listed. But none of those dogs have any progeny listed. I went to the website of the kennel that had co-owned this dog and thought maybe I could find her name in one of their currently breeding dogs. She was spayed maybe four years ago?
I want to know if this good girl lives on in the breed, or did it stop with her puppies? What is the best way to do that? Should I contact the kennel and ask? Or is there a website that can I can search on?
Sheilah

·
Registered
487 Posts
If you know what geographic area she was in when she produced her litter, you may be able to locate someone who knows more about the litter.

Also if you know what Schutzhund club she worked with may help also with locating offspring.

·
Super Moderator
32,336 Posts
I know what dog you're talking about - I'd just contact the kennel and ask. I'm sure they'd be happy to help.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking the same thing about contacting the kennel. I am sure they would be happy to hear that she has done so well.
This dog is the star of her little Idaho town. Her adopter walks her every evening and they have certain houses on their route where she stops and gets love. She even has a "boyfriend" that walks with her and comes over for play dates.
The K-9 officers at the police department where the adopter works have taken her out and given her a recreational bite on the sleeve a few times. The cops treat her like royalty, which she really is!
And she has her own wading pool. I have a picture of her in it that makes me happy every time I look at it.
She is just one of a kind and about as close to perfect as I have ever seen in person. It would be great if she was able to pass that all down to her offspring.
Sheilah

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
If you are talking about Enschi, I think she had two litters for the Mittelwest Kennel, the B and S litter. I believe Bette may have been bred - don't know if she had a litter. Not sure about the others. I suggest you contact Julie, I'm sure she would be happy to let you know.

Beth Coats had a littermate od Enschi and there is a gal in the Chicago area that has a 1/2 sister that she titled and trained and has bred a couple times. Uzi is a Jaguer daughter out of the same dam.

·
Premium Member
11,248 Posts
So glad to hear that Enschi is happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And kudos to you and Jezzi for making sure she got the chance to live out a happy life...............I love hearing the updates on her!

Lee

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I contacted the kennel that had co-owned her and got a great reply. They are going to research my question.
She was happy to hear from me and was thrilled to hear that Enschi is doing so well.
I am going to look for the picture that her new Mom sent me last month, of Miss Enschi playing in her wading pool. When I find it, I'll post it in the the photo section. She looks GREAT!
Sheilah

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I posted a couple of pictures that Enschi's adopter sent me. I put them in the photo section.
Enjoy! I love getting pictures of her. She has done so well. I think this is the best placement I have ever made. I know I have said this before, many times, but she was also the hardest foster to let go of.
Sheilah

1 - 9 of 9 Posts