German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the video of my GF and our dog Heidi during their SDA P1 trial. This was my GF's first experience with a trial. She'd never even seen one before. Also we don't pattern train so this was the first time the dog had seen these exercises put together. Heidi didn't feel like sitting that entire day (even in obedience) but all in all I think they did great. During the bite, my GF didn't release Heidi so she could get a full grip so points lost there but Heidi earned some back because after the drive she dug in and fixed her grip. That was only the second time my GF had given a bite that way. Well enough talking here is the video.

Kiersten and Heidi P1 - YouTube

·
Registered
27,249 Posts
Great job to Kiersten in her first trial! How many points do they take for the hoverbutt?
I wasn't aware you could run two lines/I thought it was a 6' leash attached to whatever collar/harness you chose. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great job to Kiersten in her first trial! How many points do they take for the hoverbutt?
I wasn't aware you could run two lines/I thought it was a 6' leash attached to whatever collar/harness you chose.

Nope, in the one you can run a "control" line as well as the line on the harness or collar. She wasn't sure how Heidi was going to be so she ran both lines. She ended up not really needing the control but since it was allowed, better safe than sorry. They had a total score of 85. They lost 7 points for the sits, 5 points for the crappy grip and 3 points because Heidi stopped barking when the decoy went in the blind after the jump out attack (360).

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I wish I could get into this but don't have the time to drive out to the club near me on my days off.

I think they both did great for their first time! I enjoy hearing about their training adventures and now trials as well!

Tell them both I said, great job! ;)

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I could get into this but don't have the time to drive out to the club near me on my days off.

I think they both did great for their first time! I enjoy hearing about their training adventures and now trials as well!

Tell them both I said, great job! ;)

I will thanks:D. SDA is by far the most fun sport I have participated in with the dogs. Both from a decoy standpoint and a handler stand point. It's very addicting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts