German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i get a call from some guy with a foreign accent who moved to aus about a year ago, he is from a multiple generation family of schuts competitors, i can't even say or spell his name.

anyhoo he wants to see my dog, i ask how the *#@! did you get my number and what do you want to see my dog for. he said he heard i was a .....butthead (my word for forum ettiquette) and so was my dog - i go, oh cool, you may continue.

we start talking peds etc and the guy is carmen/cliff/blackthorn/lee level ped nerd, i start raving about my fanatsy mating i want to put together from the progeny of deceased dogs and the guy has a female which is a direct line from, challenge for gsd students, a dog with the record for most progeny of a stud at schuts worlds all competing against each other and i beleive record for best hip improver ever recorded, also muliple working titles in different venues plus conformation titles, go on have a guess.

and how did he get this female, here is the reward for reading this far. she was imported by a show breeder who wanted to have a line of black dogs, you know it, they are trendy now and sell. she put 2 black sires over her in back to back matings but she never bred a single pure black puppy so she was left to rot in a kennel - guy got her for nothing!!!!!

breeder had no idea of the peds credentials or what they meant, just some a heap of fancy titles in ped and a bunch of black progeny on pdb, so bought her assuming if she was crossed with a black dog all the puppies would be black and big!!

this female is a few hours drive away, the guy said he can title an average gsd in 6 months if i want to title my dog we can skip the club scene and just turn up for a trial and the club has to allow it.

how cool is all that, top bloodline female, dumb breeder and an experienced competitor in my area all in one phone call from a complete stranger with a funny name.

is this some cosmic fate thing??

i tried calling him on a few things but he is rock solid on little known names outside of service dog world and did not back down when i said i am coming to see you and yr dogs are what you say they are.

gonna give my boy an eval as well.

yay for me, things don't suck all the time.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I am happy that you found an experienced trainer to work with! It's makes all the difference. Is he capable of doing helper work(some guys burn out physically to the exertion of the bitework)...that'd be even cooler!!

Keep us posted :)

·
Registered
990 Posts
Oh nice one, it's awesome to find knowledgeable people that are happy to share their knowledge :)

I had a similar piece of luck recently, was talking to a friend who mentioned her sister was staying with her and she was going to do some dog training - me having been looking for a good trainer for ages of course asked "oh what kind of training does she do"
Turns out her sis is an ex marine K9 handler :D So excited to be working with her now :)

·
Premium Member
11,251 Posts
x11 - I am a little confused.....

Is the female black? Does the showline breeder have black males? or did you type it wrong, and the showline breeder bought a black female, bred her to his black and red dogs and only got black and red pups and got disgusted???? As we know, a black female bred to a black and red male has very very very little chance of making a black puppy...not totally impossible - just nearly! Next generation, breed one of those, and the breeder will get his black showline crosses....

Yes - would like to see the pedigree too.....both - if you don't want to post, please PM me a link!

Lee

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
X11 if I read this correctly, you're in Australia? Where abouts are you!? I want to network early with my dog. I don't want to learn bad habits as an owner/trainer for my dog...

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

yes in oz, i am in SEQ boonies, you and every other aus here (* Removed by ADMIN *). what are you training for - vic has the population base but shuts is banned by no thanks to the showies.

i can pass on a name of the best/most credentialled trainer here, she is is back in the country at the moment and would know of any good trainers yr way, she is our only real international player.

pm me if you want more info but please tell me what yr training for.

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
trying to answer all others in one post;

Lee yes dam is black. Carmen, my dog is unregistered so only guess his ped and he only wants to look at my dog not breed from him as he is interested in the outcross to a short lived euro-sport dog that never bred much but is my dog's sire.

Nigel, not sure, but i have a big mouth and am widely known for usually less than good reasons.
Dani thanx, he is neither a breeder or decoy, just a trainer, but to compete i assume you pick up a bit of knowledge re lines and decoying.

think that covers everyone

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
"think that covers everyone " not even a beginning.

You have talked about your male many times with high praise. He does not have to be registered but you do have to know his background, which you might , since you said that your dog's sire was a short-lived euro-sport dog that never bred much? Correct? So how is that great .
and the guy has a female which is a direct line from, challenge for gsd students, a dog with the record for most progeny of a stud at schuts worlds all competing against each other and i beleive record for best hip improver ever recorded, also muliple working titles in different venues plus conformation titles, go on have a guess"

I would be interested in knowing what lines these might be.

this "she put 2 black sires over her in back to back matings but she never bred a single pure black puppy so she was left to rot in a kennel - guy got her for nothing" a solid black female bred to 2 black sires will only produce black. Two recessives. I have had a litter bred like this NOT to produce colour , just the sire and dam had what I wanted , and that produced 10 black pups.
Okay forget about it -- talk about this female "

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not sure what yr question is, my dog's sire is a nukey son, not sure what became of the dog and i don't think anyone ever will, he was worked by bernhard flinks and BF raved about him, there is a you tube around of bf doing a B&H, he was a super fast, balanced full mouth dog, that got a lot of interest and dissapeared.

i say my dog is great cos he is my dog, if he was total crap he would still be great cos he is my dog, he is of interest cos he is an outcross from an old line to the nukey son. the guy wanted to see how that worked out as best he could as he is clearly tracking down the progeny.

so whats up?

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
x11 - I am a little confused.....

Is the female black? Does the showline breeder have black males? or did you type it wrong, and the showline breeder bought a black female, bred her to his black and red dogs and only got black and red pups and got disgusted???? As we know, a black female bred to a black and red male has very very very little chance of making a black puppy...not totally impossible - just nearly! Next generation, breed one of those, and the breeder will get his black showline crosses....

Yes - would like to see the pedigree too.....both - if you don't want to post, please PM me a link!

Lee

Same thoughts crossed my mind, I thought I was missreading. Could you clarify? Because if it's true... it doesn't make sense.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
the question was, lets see the pedigree of this perfect female:)

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i said she was perfect? all i know is she was bought to make solid black puppies in order to make solid black puppies and this did not occur in the way the breeder planned. if i get any more info i will post it or better yet i will let the current owner know there is some interest here and he can share whatever he chooses to himself.

so anyone still want to analyse my own dog's ped, have tried this before but got no responses - pm me if you want the task i would find it interesting and appreciate it.

·
Registered
27,251 Posts
I thought you said you don't know your dogs pedigree?
my dog is unregistered so only guess his ped

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
his sire is on pdb but i don't know the line well, i don't see many famous names that i am aware of even tho the grandsire was a known great old competitor but def not famous in broader terms.

his motherline paper work is a bit patchy and i have no ped for his actual mother who is unregistered and i don't know what litter or dog she is, working her was enough ped for me.

i have a ped for his grandsire on the mother line, the older dogs on his motherline are notorius for forged peds they were owned by some dubious people as yard dogs. glad to pm you what i know if you actually are going to do an analysis on the peds/partial peds.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
I thought people were asking about the lines of the "find of a century female"...the black dog who, when bred to other black dogs failed to product black pups....Australia def sounds like a strange sort of place as far as dogs go....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts