German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Are there are any reputable SchH trainers or club in or near the Jacksonville fl area? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Try North Florida Schutzhund Club. I have heard GREAT things, and know a long time member that is now here!

·
2,967 Posts
I don't believe there are any clubs affiliated with any of the national Schutzhund organizations (USA, DVG, WDA, any other AWDF clubs) in Jacksonville, but there are a few non-affiliated groups out there.

One Jacksonville club is the Northeast Florida Schutzhund Club (Northeast Florida Schutzhund Club). They are a newer club with newer people. I met several of them at a seminar, some trained with a good friend of mine, and one member came to train with our club while visiting family. From my limited time with them, the thing they all seemed to have in common is a desire to help each other in the sport and to learn.

If you are willing to drive about an hour from Jacksonville, when I lived in the area I was a member of a AWMA club that had a dedicated and experienced training director/helper. I hold that club in high regard, and if you want more info please feel free to drop me a PM.

Just as a note: Upon searching the national organizations' websites, you may be led to believe that there are many groups in Florida; however, these websites that can be a bit deceiving. In Florida there are a lot of clubs that exist on paper that don't actually train or really even exist on anything but the internet.

Good luck in finding the right club for you and your dogs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I will likely pursue the leads. I have been working with the pups on the techniques shown in the videos the breeder sent. Kraftwerk k9 produced a series of videos on obedience. THey seem to respond real well to the techniques.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Schutzhund club in Jacksonville, Florida

Hello everyone
Bold City Schutzhund Club has been training regularly for over 25 years. For many years we were USA members, but more recently do not affiliate ourselves with one particular organization. Some of our members trial under USA, some trial under DVG, some trial at just the closest trial!

We are a small club who invest our time training, learning about the training of dogs and the sport of Schutzhund. We enjoy the fellowship of like-minded people and always welcome visitors. We train Saturday mornings, rain or shine. Come visit!

Email [email protected] or [email protected] for more information

1 - 6 of 6 Posts