German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sirus had his evaluation yesterday and did very well. I wasn't sure how it would turn out since I took him to the club right after his OB training (and he is usually pooped out).

The helper teased Sirus with the rag and away he went (literally, he ran off with it :laugh:). The TD and club members were very excited in seeing such a high drive and focus for a puppy and said he would be very easy to train.

I was excited just being there and watching all levels..And as of yesterday I fell in love with the sables..:wub:

Just wanted to share and can't wait until next week for the meeting!

·
Registered
27,268 Posts
Of course it is addicting! Any pics of his first endeavor?
Usually when you go to club there is tracking first, obedience next then protection...so chasing a rag after doing some obedience is a good way to do an eval. If he won't engage after a bit of obedience then he probably doesn't have much drive!
Wait til you start all three phases, you'll be amazed at the pups progress and enthusiasm, it is contagious!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course it is addicting! Any pics of his first endeavor?
Usually when you go to club there is tracking first, obedience next then protection...so chasing a rag after doing some obedience is a good way to do an eval. If he won't engage after a bit of obedience then he probably doesn't have much drive!
Wait til you start all three phases, you'll be amazed at the pups progress and enthusiasm, it is contagious!

I kick myself for not bring the camera/video..I wished I captured Sirus on film running away with the rag..

·
Registered
27,268 Posts
Next week will look like last week...only better!! Just make sure the helper is on board with pics;) And then post them here!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts