German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
"KKL" is the koerklasse, the breed survey. There's KKL1 and KKL2. I think IPO is another sort of ring sport.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
"KOERKLASSE I & II
This is a Temperament Title that is used by European breeders to evaluate conformation and temperament of German Shepherds. The dogs are measured in both height and weight. Measurements are taken from tip of the tail to chest depth and must meet an International standard. The dogs have to be of good nature and be easily approachable. They must not be spooky or shy, and they cannot act viciously or aggressively toward the judges. The Koerklasse I is the highest temperament title a dog can achieve and is sought after by the finest breeders worldwide. The Koerklasse II title is the second highest temperament title acceptable in Europe. Dogs achieving the Koerklasse II title are often slightly larger or shorter than the desired standard but the difference is in centimeters."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.