German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GS mix Charlie has changed over the past 4-6 ish months. He’s become animal aggressive and attacked 4 animals the most recent was our kitten and he killed him. He used to let the kitten ride on his back and sit between his legs and lick him they slept together. He’s always been around other animals (he’s almost 5) and notnuntil recent has become aggressive. I witnessed the attacks minus the most recent just heard it from the bedroom. And it’ll be clear out of no where and lasts until someone pulls him off. He’s messed up the three dogs he’s attacked but they were big breed dogs also.
His scent has changed and it’s not pleasant but it’s not horrid either. I used to LOVE the way he smelled.
3 events - he’s walked into our door, cried jumping on the bed and tripped today in the living room.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
I will bump this up for you and hope someone else chimes in, but vet check for sure. In the mean time keep him away from other animals, which should have been done after the first attack. I'm sorry but there is no excuse for repeated attacks like this and now your poor kitten has paid the price for your lack of management.
How old is this dog and how long have you had him? What does his daily life look like, what does he do through the day? And what training has he had?

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Yep, it's past time for a Vet visit! Walking into doors, tripping, and crying getting up on things? He's in pain and needs help! Actually, anytime your dog noticeably changes scent, take him in. Please get him to a Vet ASAP!

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Oh my, I had a dog like that. He had all the symptoms of rabies vaccinoses. He also became paranoid and even afraid of me, while he always saw me as a kind of God. 7 years old, no meds, no behavior counseling worked. The day he looked me in theye with a green retina, I had him pout down. Not saying that you should do this but keep that 'vaccinoses' in mind. Most vets don't believe in it however.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the original post I stated he’s almost 5. He’s 4 years and 8 months old.
When I get up for clinic 5am I take him outside to the bathroom and feed him. And then my husband walks him with our daughter everyday to school to and from and plays with him for a little over an hour during lunch time. He gets walked twice daily. He’s had training when we were stationed in Alaska for over a year.
I know I messed up and I’m beating myself up for it daily, so you don’t have to keep beating a dead horse that’s not helping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts