German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was vacuuming the bedroom today; and the hallway and the stairs. And discovered that Minna is not a fan of the vacuum. She was fine with it while it was turned on and I was using it....but when I turned it off, she bolted in the opposite direction :laugh:. I think it had something to do with the noise it made when it turned off -- who knows. She did come up and sniff it once, but the hose suctioned her nose and she jerked her head like :eek: 'what the heck just happened?!'

This was while I was vacuuming, they were both watching:
IMG_20101210_162611.jpg

And this is where she ran to hide the first time:
163048_674201667542_25105587_37833574_1023309_n.jpg

And the second time, I found her here: :wub:
163433_674202086702_25105587_37833578_4602702_n.jpg
IMG_20101210_162831.jpg

·
Registered
596 Posts
HAHAHA aweeee. my girl ruby i the complete opposite! haha I turn the vaccum on and she is like YES!!! PLAY TIME!!! She will literally try and have the hose get to her mouth to bite it and when it sucks her mouth or tongue she keeps going haha I have a video... let me go look for it!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Here we go! haha She gets so excited and follows its every move so when i moved it up.. she jumped RIGHT when i was bringing it down again... and hit her head haha silly girl. its like this anytime i need to vaccum... so.. i usually do it when she isnt around haha max just barks at it.... he was in his crate in this video...

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
hahaha Mine don't care for it. They just leave the room.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Mine simply jumps on the bed to get out of the way. The cat on the other hand...

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Poor Minna! I wish Wolfie would run away and hide from the vacuum! He goes into attack mode and attacks it when I am using the floor attachment. When I am using just the hose, he sticks his tongue in the hose so it gets sucked in the vacuum. He loves it, and won't quit putting his tongue in there. I usually have to put him outside or in his crate if I want to get any vacuuming done.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Shasta wants to kill the vacuum before it hurts me, I guess. I try to do all my vacuuming when she's outside playing with my husband or I have to crate her. It's even worse with the broom.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
hehehe, Flækja doesn't much mind the vacuum. Just makes sure not to be in it's way.
Now Deedee on the other hand, My sister's year old French Mastiff is TERRIFIED of the vacuum! hilarious to see

·
Registered
906 Posts
Aww they are so cute!! Brody likes to try and attack the vacumn!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm kind of glad minna doesn't attack it. Lol the swiffer on the other hand....thank goodness she listens, otherwise that thing would have been eaten by now. I think Minna will eventually get to the attacking point with the vacuum....she just hasn't typically been out when it is used.

To be fair Sobacca couldn't care less about the vacuum, he just watches it..or ignores it all together. Sobacca likes outdoor tools -- pull out a shovel or a rake and he's all for attacking it. The shovel is the funniest, once you get dirt on the shovel he'll be sure to dig all that dirt off the shovel for you...makes it a little difficult to dig holes.

Cute video!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts