German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So fresh off the fat girl’s herding group placement, I decided to enter her in the next big show around here. She’s entered in 2 all breeds, and 1 specialty. It’s in 10 days.

I did get the weight off of her, so she’s nice and sleek now. And by sleek, I also mean she BLEW HER COAT. Now she looks like a scroungy, roadside coyote. Seriously, the dog is rat tail naked. No butt fluffs. Sprigs of hair sticking off of her neck. Did I mention that she went in heat 5 days ago? Did I mention that every day she’s entered is a MAJOR?? Kill me now.

·
Super Moderator
6,006 Posts
I have faith in you as a professional groomer that you can transform your scroungy girl into Cinderella just in time.:thumbup:

·
Registered
437 Posts
It's almost like they know they're going to a show. Every time I tried to show Katsu she would blow her coat a few weeks before and end up looking like a black coyote. :laugh2:

·
Super Moderator
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I told a stranger that this dog is a show dog, they would think I was making it up.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
At least she's not a fat scroungy roadside coyote!:grin2::wink2:

·
Super Moderator
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I gave Scarlet a bath yesterday, and she might have grown a couple of hairs since last week. Blow drying helped, but her neck and butt are still pretty sparse. Dog show is a week from tomorrow. Oh, yeah, did I mention that there has been a judge change on Saturday for the all breed show? The new judge? Yep, it’s Jimmy Moses. Hahahahaha

·
Super Moderator
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No love for Scarlet at the show this past weekend. She had maybe half her coat back, and it was a tough crowd to not be your best. Oh well. Dog shows. At least you get to hang out with your friends and see some nice dogs. My handler breeds Cardigans (as well as GSDs) and I seriously think I might get a Cardi for my next dog.

·
Registered
203 Posts
No love for Scarlet at the show this past weekend. She had maybe half her coat back, and it was a tough crowd to not be your best. Oh well. Dog shows. At least you get to hang out with your friends and see some nice dogs. My handler breeds Cardigans (as well as GSDs) and I seriously think I might get a Cardi for my next dog.

Well I think we all love Scarlet here so if you have pictures for us to "judge" ;) I'm glad that you at least had a bit of fun and got to see friends!

·
Super Moderator
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Scarlet’s half sister was in her first show on Saturday, and wow, she is gorgeous. She placed 2nd in a big open class. I wanted to steal her.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
So fresh off the fat girl’s herding group placement, I decided to enter her in the next big show around here. She’s entered in 2 all breeds, and 1 specialty. It’s in 10 days.

I did get the weight off of her, so she’s nice and sleek now. And by sleek, I also mean she BLEW HER COAT. Now she looks like a scroungy, roadside coyote. Seriously, the dog is rat tail naked. No butt fluffs. Sprigs of hair sticking off of her neck. Did I mention that she went in heat 5 days ago? Did I mention that every day she’s entered is a MAJOR?? Kill me now.
i feel like I remember reading she has done this to you before...

·
Super Moderator
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh, as soon as you enter a dog, they blow their coat, chew a hole in their side or tail, or get a big gash on their face. It’s so nice to sneak a show in where the stars are aligned and you show up with a normal dog, lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts