German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gastonia Rescuer

Hi All,

I am new to this great group that Alex Strain just told me about.

I am a member of the ALGC-Animal League of Gaston Co., in Gastonia, NC, just S. of Charlotte. We have the distinction at the Gaston Shelter of being the number one highest gassing shelter in NC. So very sad, but we are working on this diligently.

I'm very partial to the GSD breeds, and seems it has been raining them lately at our shelter. Presently there is a gorgeous female, adult GSD in our shelter that has only until 5PM tomorrow, Monday, the 7th. She was chosen for the Cell Dog Program for her great temperment and willingness to learn. Then she was tested for HWs and yes, she has them. Then she was returned to the shelter for a death sentence.

I do have a rescuer in Holly Hill, SC that will take her. Holly Hill is an hour N. of Charleston, SC. I am searching for a transport franticly to save this GSD. I can drive as far as Columbia, SC Monday. Anybody have any ideas please? I do not know of any closer options for a HW positive GSD.

Due to the time constraints would you please call me if able to assist at (704) 824-5695 or (704) 369-9207.

Thank you all so much, and please do let me know if I can be of assistance to any of you, as we have transports coming right thrugh our area on I-85 going North. Respectfully, Cheryl Colley -

·
Registered
815 Posts
Permission to post to our GSDC Upstate SC members???
I can copy and paste this to about 40 GSD people in the Upstate SC area.

Catherine

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
I'm trying to get clarification on this... Sue F of this board pulled a male GSD on Saturday (same date as the info. above) and he went to Joanne (J&J rescue in Washington, NC). "Bullet" will stay with one of Joanne's fosters for a month until his HW is treated, then move to rescue. His situation was exactly the same. He was being evaluated for the cell dog program, but the program isn't up and running yet, so he was returned to the shelter. I know that if Sue had seen another GSD there, we would be aware of it. She's on really good terms with this shelter and they would have let her know. Will post as soon as I know what's going on...

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Cheryl...I think you are talking about Bullet...actually a male. He was rescued yesterday and is in foster in the eastern part of NC.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
There are no other PB GSDs at the shelter at this time that I am aware of...they let me know of every one that comes in....

Here is Bullet...he is doing great! Thanks to Joanne for driving halfway across the state to meet me and get him!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Can I crosspost?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
There is no need to crosspost the need for transport, as this dog is safe and in a foster home....but thank you, and I will be sure to let you know of future transport needs.

Please feel free to crosspost to help us in finding a good home for Bullet...he has done great in foster so far and will make someone a great companion! Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts