German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just read and I disagree, that when a puppy reliefs itself inside the house, that you are supposed to say absolutely nothing and carry it outside to his reliefing place.

But does that not teach it that whenever it poops or reliefs itself inside it can go outside as a reward ???

I always thought that when the puppy reliefs itself inside and you catch him/her by the act, you should say NO once or twice but let it finnish. However, I just read, if you do just that, then you encourage it to go pee hidden away from you.

I am totally confused. I rather have it pee behind my back during the few rare moments I do not look at him at his age (10 weeks) instead of make him believe that everytime he reliefs itself indoors he can go outside as a reward.

I am totally lost on this, please advice. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Guys, thanks, the problem is not him being out of my sight because he never is out of my sight. The few accidents that happened was, playing with dog, phone rang, jogged to pick phone up and when I lookd back to dog, dog pooping. I do not, and don t think I made it sound in my initial post that I am leaving my dog at will. If I would do that, he already would have electrocuted, choked himself to death and so on.
I watch my dog, it is just, that I am just a humble peasant that pays taxes and one day dies and a phone call or a bird strike into my window when i stand up to go look at it for 15 seconds, that is when my eyes are quickly off the dog.
Trust me, the problem is not me not overseeing him. I oversee him more than I look after myself the last few days. :crazy:

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
yeah you're right actually, have not seen it from that perspective. It does make sense. We re in the middle of playing, phone rings, my attention elsewhere, puppy is like "ok, play is over, I need to pee, need to pee now, now now now, where... too late".

Thanks for the help ! I am on him, but he is doing a fantastic job..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.