German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's my little parvo survivor, Vader. (his name is actually Garth Vader because he was a G litter... hee hee). He's an all black long coat male GSD. (his sister is a red and tan long coat). His ear went up overnight for a nice surprise when i got home from work on my lunch break! He's just a tad over 10 weeks at this point. Quite the cuddler and he and my other GSD Riley are getting along great.

Cuddling with Mommy before bed time.

Playing with big sis... they tire eachother out, its awesome!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
What an adorable puppy! I love the one ear up look. They are so cute when their ears start to stand up. Don't worry if it flops when teething later on, it will most likely stand back up. :)

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
awww He looks like my Sasha! I love the black ones!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Awwww cute!! I have a blackie too :)

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Oh he is just too cute! What a little ball of fluff he is right now! Give that survivor a hug for me!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I'm so in love with his name lol I have been saying forever our next dog will be an all black male named Vader- looks like you beat me,lol He is looking very sweet and healthy glad he made a turn for the better:)

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
::pats self on back:: we thought it was clever, too! (my husband came up with the Vader and I came up with the "garth" part when we learned it was a G litter). But no worries if you go for it yourself, its a great name! Our other dog's name is Riley... i had never met one before but starting the day after we named her, we've met soooo many (esp males, i actually like it better as a male name!)

I'm so in love with his name lol I have been saying forever our next dog will be an all black male named Vader- looks like you beat me,lol He is looking very sweet and healthy glad he made a turn for the better:)

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
He is darling and I love his name!!! Parvo is a terrible killer and he is lucky to have survived. How did he contract parvo at so young an age?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All the pups in the litter got it, so it was at the breeder. However she has 3 feet of snow and is pretty isolated, so its a little mystery, pinned down to maybe a christmas shopping trip to the mall? Parvo is crazy... you may never know where it came from. Pups still there had a very mild case and of those sent home only two were hospitalized, so several factors came together in a good way and all 9 pups survived. (vets think the fact he had his first vaccination and he has good genes made him do so well)

He is darling and I love his name!!! Parvo is a terrible killer and he is lucky to have survived. How did he contract parvo at so young an age?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts