German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Evidently it is the week for the GSD. This guy is 2 yrs old, neutered, utd on shots, and is hw-positive. He is sweet and very playful. Gets along good with other dogs as he is in the kennel with another dog. His main focus is playing. He will slap at you as you can see in the pics. Please let me know asap if you can help me with this guy. <span style="color: #FF0000">He has to be out of here by Monday at 5. </span> I will be out of the office Friday-Tuesday but emails will be monitored. If you call the shelter after today ask for Cindy, Patti, or Megan. I am giving them all the information. We all can be contacted at 803-628-3190 or my email is [email protected]. Thank you all so much for all the help on the mass quantity of GSD's we have had this week."

Thank you

Tracy Morgan
Adoption/Volunteer/Rescue Coordinator
York County Animal Shelter
713 Justice Blvd. / PO Box 120
York, SC 29745
803-628-3190

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Re: York, SC #A023133 - 2yr M - Needs out by 7/21 5pm

bump
He is one handsome boy. Let's get him out of there!!!

·
Registered
3,996 Posts

Does anyone know how bad the HW test came up? Was it a snap test?

·
Registered
119 Posts

We can foster if he's still there. Called the shelter, no one is around until after 2pm. Will update the list. Will need someone to pull and transport though, we're too far away and cannot drive on Saturdays.

·
Registered
119 Posts

No one knows how bad it came up, didn't mention whether it was snap or direct. He's only available for rescue pull- won't be adopted out HW+ no matter what. He had distemper, shots, rabies, and the shelter neutered him. He just needs HW treatment.

We have a vet who can do it super low cost but we need pull and transport help. The shelter worker is emailing details.

·
Registered
714 Posts

I went to SC and got the disabled GSD puppy from York today. I was told that the "HW+ve GSD at the shelter", who I am assuming is this guy, was going to someone in NJ, and would be going to a temporary foster until transport could be arranged.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts

Sorry was just looking on my emails - got this yesterday:

[email protected]
[Add to Address Book]

Subject:GSD -- York,SC and Vicksburg,MS
Date:Monday, July 21, 2008 11:53:37 PM
[View Source]

Hi Kathleen,
How are you? Hope all is well. Just wanted to let you know so that you could inform the people on the GSD Rescue board. We are the Rescue that had the 2yr old M - HW+that needed to be out by 7/21 in York,SC pulled. He's being boarded until we can arrange transport. Just wanted to put everyone's mind at ease -- he is safe!!!
I also wanted to let you know that I called the Vicksburg,MS shelter this morning re: "Camper" - 12yr old HW+ Male. I wanted to find out if he was ok with other dogs and they said "absolutely NO". I feel so bad for this little senior boy - it's going to be so hard to find him a home.
We rescue all breeds - occasionally some do happen to be GSD (like Lola - the senior from Barrow Cty. Winder,GA back on Dec 26 -- who happens to be doing great she's such a wonderful dog!!).
I'll keep in touch and thanks again for letting everyone know about the little 2yr old. Talk to you soon. Maureen

***Thanks Maureen!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts