German Shepherds Forum banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Re: GA, Summerville (Chatooga Cty)-Female "Whisper

CHATOOGA IS EUTHING LOTS OF DOGS TOMORROW MORNING......

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·

Not that I know of... I'm making calls now but can't get hold of anyone. As far as I know, she's being transported next weekend, or at least that was the plan last I heard. Will post as soon as I know anything...

·
Registered
12,142 Posts

"Emergency!!! The shelter is putting down Monday morning! We are in big trouble here. There is no room to hold any dogs - the shelter is completely full and will be over quota if one more dog comes in. There are no pull fees for Rescues! Please help if you can! Please call at 8:00 am Monday (or earlier) if you can help one and let them know. Give them both the name and ID# if available. Thank you!"

Is there any boarding around?

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·

Is there anyone close to Summerville who could pick this girl up and get her into boarding (boarding will be paid for)?? She's being transported to Lexington next weekend, but we have to get her out of there now.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts

Lady...you have to clean out your pm's......

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·

M.A.,
Email me at [email protected]. Don't have time to clean out PM's right now...

·
Registered
12,142 Posts

Vet did not make it today...animals got a 24 hr. reprieve...euth at this shelter is tomorrow

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·

I wrote a really depressing post because I haven't been able to get any information all day and I was expecting to hear the worst. I hadn't hit my Submit button because my phone rang. It was the news I was hoping to hear! Whisper is being picked up tomorrow morning at 8:00. She'll spend the day in a crate (but at least alive and out of the shelter) and go to Rome later in the afternoon. There she'll be comfortable and safe until her transport this weekend. Her formerly miserable life is about to change...

In one sense I'm absolutely elated because this young girl will have a chance to know what a good life feels like - a warm bed, a full tummy, no one shooting BB's at her, no one darting her - and best of all someone who will love her unconditionally.

On the other hand, my heart is broken for those that we'll lose in this shelter tomorrow. I'm so sorry for all of them and that this has to continue to happen. At least they are not gassed. Their release will be painless. I pray for them and pray that the vet who has this horrible task will be kind...

·
Registered
12,142 Posts

Thank goodness!!!!!!

The sad thing is...almost every dog at this shelter had a rescue offer...but there are no local boarding options making it very difficult on rescuers to help.

Hopefully getting Whisper out...will also save another dog's life...

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·

I think they only have around 8 kennels in this shelter. Per Suzanne, they have a couple of court cases pending, so those dogs have to kept by themselves in a kennel. That cuts down a lot on the number of dogs they can house. They have very few local adoptions. It's amazing to me that so many dogs can be homeless in such a rural area. There's only one vet clinic in the whole town, so that will tell you how small it is. Every dog in this shelter would be killed if not for Suzanne. She is an amazing volunteer and does it single-handedly. I just can't praise her enough for everything she does...

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

Mary Ann, I am told that the 4 pups have rescue coming in the morning- keeping my fingers crossed but will call again tomorrow to be sure. I feel ill knowing what tomorrow holds for many of the faces I seen...

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
SAFE! GA, Summerville(ChatoogaCty)-Female "Whisper

From Whisper's foster mom for the next few days:

Quote: Well, I got Whisper. My heart breaks for this poor baby. She is so very terrified. Had to use a catch pole to transfer her from the transport truck to my van. She was wagging her tail while freaking out. I am letting her calm down a bit in the crate in the van while I let my dogs out for a bit. Then I will haul the crate and her to the pen and let her come out on her own. I don't want to use a noose on her again.

Transport is being arranged for her to go to Nancy. I will have more details on that later tonight hopefully.

This dog is absolutely LOADED with ticks. I am not sure what I can do about this since I can't touch her. Anyone know of an oral tick medication? I might could get that to her if I had something really good to tempt her with. That is the other thing... she is a rack of bones. At least she is out of that "shelter".
Poor baby. I hope she soon realizes that everyone just wants to help her. The good news is that the shelter put a couple of other dogs in with her Saturday and she LOVED them! Really came out of her shell. One of the inmates was in her kennel and she actually let him pet her. So, the potential is there. I think everyone will breath easier once she's at her final destination. Nancy has an incredible way with dogs like Whisper, so I don't think it will take her long to turn this little girl around.

Danni - did the puppies get out today?

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Re: SAFE! GA, Summerville(ChatoogaCty)-Female "Whisper

I am still waiting for a return call. Last time I had to keep calling till I reached them as they didnt return my call- I just tried again about 20 minutes ago and got the machine. Will keep trying. The worker there said that if for some reason the rescue didnt come for them, she would call me, but she was pretty positive they would show up. (Save a life pet rescue out of Florida). Fingers crossed till I hear from her!

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·

Danni,
Call Suzanne Royal at 706-857-4525. She always knows what's going on and it's a lot easier to get hold of her than to get anyone to answer the phone at the shelter. Keeping all fingers crossed...

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

Just wondering if there is any updates on Whisper?

·
Registered
7,466 Posts

i have been wondering about whisper too.

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·

Had to postpone transport last weekend, but they're trying again for this weekend. Tough transport to fill, so hope something good happens!

·
Registered
7,466 Posts

wishing good luck to whisper for the weekend transport!

61 - 80 of 88 Posts