German Shepherds Forum banner
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Re: GA, Summerville (Chatooga Cty)-Female "Whisper

KShort Good information to have for future reference. I've emailed Suzanne with every phone number and email address I could find for Best Friends.. [/quote said:
Thanks Kris! I sent all to Suzanne as well. Hopefully she can get them to help. I'll call Suzanne later today and see what the news is.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts

Jean I don't know of any wolf sanctuaries in TN. I helped with a pull and transport of a wolf hybrid from my local shelter and she went to a sanctuary up north (I believe CT). If you find one in TN PLEASE let me know about it. It may come in handy in the future.

I wish I could help with this girl. Her picture is killing me. I can't really do anything until after tax season and I know she will not last that long.

·
Registered
4,972 Posts

Originally Posted By: ToFree24I know this is a long shot but maybe if you email this place they might be able to advise someone to help with this girl. Since they work with coyotes - please call & try

Georga "Art" Rilling(Lilburn) - 770-972-6643, e-mail: [email protected], Web: http://www.yellowrivergameranch.com (coyotes, birds of prey, small mammals)
Has anyone tried to contact them yet? If not I can e-mail this afternoon. Unfortunately can't phone from work.

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

Just talked with Suzanne again. She said Whisper is starting to show signs of life. She's been up and walking around her kennel and laying on her Kuranda bed. This is a tiny, rural shelter, so no one has worked with her at all. Suzanne is calling Best Friends right now, but I'm not too hopeful. They get hundreds of calls a day.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

Originally Posted By: JeanKBBMMMAANWho is it- powell? that works with some wolf sanctuary? In TN or someplace????

Not that she's a wolf! But it might be another longshot.

She's a beautiful girl who just needs a quiet place and not to be bothered for a little while.
I think what was mentioned was Full Moon Farm - in NC here is the link:
http://www.fullmoonfarm.org/

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

Working on getting her to Kansas City. A little tricky since she's so shy. I did find out this evening that this girl WAS owned by someone for a few months. She was then dumped off on a country road in front of someone's house. That guy kept trying to chase her off with a BB gun, but she stuck around. Animal control darted her twice, but she managed to get the dart out and got away from them. She is 9 or 10 months old - just a baby. Suzanne said she will look you in the eyes, doesn't have a wild eyed look, and her opinion is that this girl is not feral, just mistrusting and terrified at this point and very undersocialized.

Suzanne sent me a link to a new organization http://www.pilotsnpaws.org, a volunteer transport group. I've contacted them to see if they can help. It would be so much easier on her if she was mildly sedated, crated, taken to the airport, flown to KC and wakes up in a new state! Wow, wouldn't that be wonderful.

If anyone has any ideas, please post them. Suzanne is doing everything she can to keep her safe until something can be figured out to get her to Nancy.

·
Registered
103 Posts

IS THERE A RESCUE THAT HAS SHOWN INTEREST IN HELPING WHISPER - IN KC ???

IT JUST BREAKS MY HEART TO HEAR HOW HER LIFE HAS BEEN. SHE IS SO DESERVING OF A LOVING NEW START!!!

PLEASE LET US KNOW IF THE PILOTSNPAWS IS ABLE TO HELP - IF THERE NEEDS TO BE A FUND ESTABLISHED TO HELP COVER COSTS, OR IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE THAT WE CAN DO TO FACILITATE WHISPER'S RESCUE.

TAKE CARE,
KATHY

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

Kathy,
Yes - Nancy is a rescue in KC. She was previously with Serendipity GSD Rescue in MO, has started her own rescue, and still works with Serendipity. She's really wonderful with "difficult" dogs. Last fall she took 2 dogs from Astabula, OH who were going to be euthanized because they were so terrified. We were worried about even getting them on a transport (they came with Tom the Trucker). Very much like this girl - not aggressive, but absolutely terrified. Their progress once they got to Nancy's was amazing. They integrated into her crew and within a short period of time, you would have never known they were the fearful dogs that were nearly euthanized because no one wanted them.

ToFree - thanks for the links! I left a message on the pilotsnpaws forum, but will also contact flying paws.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts

It would be amazing if this girl could go somewhere and get rehabbed and have a chance at a good life. I hope you hear back from one of the pilot programs. Which one flew that dog down to Kentucky?

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·

Kathleen,
I checked flyingpaws, but they won't transport a sedated dog, unless the sedation has been administered by a vet. I don't think that's going to be possible to do..

Haven't heard anything back from pilotsnpaws. The good news is that Suzanne is meeting one of the pilots on Sunday. He's flying a dog to New York for her. She'll talk to him about Whisper then. Keep your fingers crossed!

·
Registered
12,142 Posts

Per another forum...

Suzanne said this dog is going to a fantastic lady like the dog whisperer. Transport is still being worked out...

Maybe someone here that knows Suzanne can get the scoop.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts

Does whisper still have rescue? Saw this latest Chatooga update:

**AS PER SUZANNE THERE ARE NO OFFERS OF RESCUE FOR ANY OF THESE GREAT DOGS/PUPS.

THERE ARE HOWEVER; MANY OFFERS OF SPONSORSHIP FOR THE DOGS.

THESE DOGS ARE DESPERATE AND THEY WILL BE PUT DOWN DESPITE SPONSOR OFFERS. THERE IS NO BOARDING FACILITY AVAILABLE TO HOUSE THE DOGS UNTIL RESCUE CAN GET THEM AND THE SHELTER IS PACKED TO THE GILLS.

THIS IS A VERY HIGH KILL SHELTER !!

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP OR CROSSPOST TO ANYONE WHO MAY BE ABLE TO HELP THESE DOGS !!

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/chattoogacountyanimalcontrol.html

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·

Yes, she still has offer of rescue in Kansas City with Nancy. The biggest problem at this point is trying to get her transported. The pawsnpilots are full for this coming weekend, ground transport doesn't seem feasible, so that leaves flying her commercial which is expensive. If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to share. I'm getting really worried about her...

·
Registered
148 Posts

What is the cost of flying her commercially? I would donate to this.

·
Registered
672 Posts

Bumping to the top. I got an email about her just now but they said it was Chattanooga, TN. I have corrected the sender of that email. Hoping for the best. She reminds me of my Mandy girl.

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·

Chris,
I think Chattanooga is correct. Suzanne is about an hour from there in Chatooga. She's willing to get Whisper to Chattanooga since it's probably easier to transport from there. Still working on getting her to KC...

41 - 60 of 88 Posts