German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This poor girl will have no chance if a rescue doesn't step up for her. This is a very high kill shelter and the dogs usually only have 3 days before they are euthanized. Terrific volunteer there who works really hard to get as many as she can out. If she knows someone is working on a dog, she'll keep them safe. She's also wonderful about getting them to the vet or boarding - anything she can do to help! I have Suzanne's phone number if someone can help. Don't call the shelter because normally you can't get anyone there. Please PM or email and I'll be glad to pass her number on!

"Whisper" was caught in a cat trap desperately trying to get some food. She was just brought in to the Chattooga County Animal Control Shelter in Summerville, GA and is completely terrified. The people that live where she was caught say that she is only a puppy. They have watched her grow up but she had never been petted or touched by a human. They say that she is not aggressive. We have not had time to evaluate her yet to see if she really is feral. She is a very pretty girl and her eyes say that she wants help!

"Whisper" is at the Chattooga County Animal Control Shelter in Summerville, GA. This is a very high kill shelter and there are no pull fees for Rescues! So please help some if you can! Thank you!
--Suzanne - Volunteer
[email protected]

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10540669

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Re: GA, Summerville (Chatooga Cty)-Female "Whisper"

we need a "breaking heart" emoticon for the forum... this is exactly how I felt when I read this...

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: GA, Summerville (Chatooga Cty)-Female "Whisper"

Her only hope is to go to a rescue who will have the time to work with her. I don't even know if they would do a direct adoption because of her being so frightened. Of course, that probably wouldn't be a possibility anyway since they have very few adoptions from this shelter...

·
Registered
478 Posts
Re: GA, Summerville (Chatooga Cty)-Female "Whisper

Too bad they didn't get her when she was younger..once grown, feral dogs are extremely hard to socialize. I have worked with several who were all under 6 months of age and I have found that feral puppies only truly "turn around" when aquired no older than 4 months of age.

Kathryn

·
Registered
476 Posts

we worked with dogs in LA from katrina that were so feral when you took them out on a leash they played dead. I mean they actually acted like they were dead just flop on their back. We would have to have them muzzled to carry them. The vets said they were feral and we saw improvement within a week so I think sometimes there is hope.

she isn't aggressive and that is an awesome sign

·
Registered
12,142 Posts

Poor baby...NOT aggressive....she just needs kindness and patience.......

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

I cant imagine that she has never felt human touch- it is heartwrenching...

·
Registered
2,834 Posts

I resued a female that was on her own in the woods for 3-4 years, which is how much it took for animal control to trap her. She would not stand up or walk at the shelter, the volunteers carried her. She came around very quickly and she is in a wonderful home, acting pretty much like a normal dog. She never showed any signs of aggression.

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I've asked Suzanne for as much info. on her behavior as they can possibly give us. Will update with any new information.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts

Any rescue has room to help this baby? I would be happy to sponsor her to get spayed. Please consider giving this girl another chance!!

·
Registered
103 Posts

BY ANY CHANCE, DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG WE HAVE TO FIND A SAFE PLACE FOR WHISPER???

THANK YOU,
KATHY

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

They usually give them 3 days, so her time is very short. But Suzanne knows we're trying to find a solution, so that might buy her some time... She's being evaluated tomorrow, so everyone keep your fingers crossed. Suzanne wasn't able to get to the shelter today, so she couldn't tell me much about this poor girl.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts

Where is Jean. I think Anna needs a new friend. Plus this girl is not to far from where Anna was orginally found.

·
Registered
103 Posts

THANK YOU FOR FINDING OUT - KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED AND PRAYERS SAID.

LOOK FORWARD TO READING YOUR POSTING TOMORROW.
TAKE CARE,
KATHY

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Originally Posted By: jazy's momWhere is Jean. I think Anna needs a new friend. Plus this girl is not to far from where Anna was orginally found.
Of course Jean is the first one who came to my mind too..
She would be perfect for this girl...

1 - 20 of 88 Posts