German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Email I received this morning. This shelter is about 1 hour from me. He should be up today on the http://www.GSR-SP.com website as a courtesy post for the shelter. He is urgent because of the epilepsy. I can evaluate & pull for approved rescue.
Camp Pappy

This is Barbara Marinelli from the shelter.
Brutte is a 5 year old German Shepherd with Epilepsy.
He was surrendered without medication because the owners said they couldn't afford it.
He has not had any seizures since he's been at the shelter.
He's not neutered. He's great with kids, cats and dogs.
He's absolutely housetrained.
He's a sweet, sweet boy!!!
You can contact me at [email protected] if you have an other questions
Stroudsburg, Pa. SPCA
Monroe County
Godfrey Ridge Road
Stroudsburg, pa. 18360
570-421-6761

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Re: Stroudsburg, Pa SPCA..5yr M/Sweet/Epilepsy..Urgent

·
Registered
443 Posts

What a beautiful boy.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Re: Stroudsburg, Pa SPCA..5yr M/Sweet/Epilepsy..Ur

Wow, nice looking dog. And he's great with everyone! Epilepsy is not difficult or expensive to control. Sometimes a diet change will take care of it!

I hope he does not have a seizure in the shelter and finds rescue or a good home very soon!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Don't want this guy PTS just because of a simple health issue. Meds would be $5-$15 a month for maintenance dosage.

Will try to get down in the next few days to eval him.

·
Registered
342 Posts

SASRA is working on pulling this guy. SASRA has a volunteer that will be evalutating him. Anticipating that the evaluation will go well and he will be pulled. Will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thank you....I just called the shelter....I was going down today to evaluate.

Maria....keep me posted. Thursday is the only other day I could go down.

·
Registered
381 Posts

SASRA pulled Brutte today - a bit ahead of schedule. He's apparently quite the love and did very well when evaluated. Sadly he is still looking for his family, but he's safe with a SASRA volunteer and has a vet appointment this evening.

We rarely move so quickly, but the shelter staff were really charmed by this dog and scrambled to keep him safe as they are crowded and euthanizing today. A volunteer was able to get there quickly to evaulate, and it looks like a happy ending is down the road for this handsome guy.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

OH THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! This boy just caught me as soon as I seen him!!

·
Registered
342 Posts

Update on Brutte..... (His name was changed to Otis as he was a mild mannered gentleman. Brutte was definitely not a fitting name for him.)

Anyway, he found his forever home today
. He stayed here at the inn for 2 months and was an absolute love. Why anyone would give him up is beyond me. Cost of medication or not, he had the sweetest most gentlest disposition.

He was adopted by a wonderful couple with years of GS experience. They recently lost their megasopophagus female GS to pneumonia. So being devestated by the loss of her, they knew it was time to add to the pack. They have a 7 year old golden retriever but the house still remained empty. They most recently adopted a 10yo mix, and now Otis. Otis's epilepsy didn't matter to them at all. They had a dog in the past with seizures. He is in a great home, where he will get lots of love and attention.

Thanks to those on the board who "found" him. I never did tell my husband we would be fostering another (as my husband is not fond of fostering - gets too attached). I just printed out pictures of Otis from the board with a note from Otis saying, "Thanks for rescuing me"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts