German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asked to please post this girl. THIS IS A VERY HIGH KILL SHELTER per a local rescuer.

Pet ID: 08-080028

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11616362

<span style="color: #CC0000">"This is an AKC Registered German Shepherd. Her owner passed away. She is 9 years old. She is very well mannered."</span>

Robertson County Animal Control
2900 W. County Farm Road
Springfield, TN 37172
615-384-5611
[email protected]

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/TN356.html

Who We Are
Robertson County Animal Control is a government agency. We pick up stray and unwanted animals. In an attempt to give these pets a last chance at a loving home, I place adoptable pets on this site. We are a very small department. The time for adoptions is very short, as in a few days. So please give us a call or come by. We are unable to sit by the computer. It could take a while for me to respond to email, so give us a call. We'll be glad to answer any questions you may have.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Re: Springfield, TN - HER NAME IS SABLE - 9 yrs o

She's beautiful! And in such a tiny little space and looking so confused and sad.

Hope she finds a home. Well mannered seniors...they don't come better than that!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts

Originally Posted By: BowWowMeowShe's beautiful! And in such a tiny little space and looking so confused and sad.

Hope she finds a home. Well mannered seniors...they don't come better than that!
I LOVE the seniors...Poor baby...

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I called the shelter and spoke to the gentleman who answered - he was very nice and said the deceased owner's family turned her in because they could not care for her. I asked how much time she has - knowing the answer already - "hard to say". I asked if anyone has called to inquire on her and he said "no - not yet".

He did say that she will still be there tomorrow, unless she gets adopted. He said she is "very good natured". I asked about temperament with other animals and he said he wasn't sure.

I know her chances are very slim - but "miracles" have happenned before.

BUMP!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I called and spoke with the shelter again. He has received several calls on her, but nothing solid to his knowledge. They are closed this weekend. I asked if they euthanize on the weekend and he said no. So she should be safe this weekend, unless she is adopted.

BUMP!

·
Registered
7,466 Posts

up you go.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

More information passed on by the local person:

"I ran into the ACO tonight and talked to him for quite awhile regarding the 9 year old GSD at Robertson County Animal control. She belonged to the EDITED NAME person that passed away, and she came in with other dogs - he said that she gets along very well with other dogs, not just the ones that she came in with, but with all of the dogs that they have "temperment tested" her with. He said she is a great dog that is in really good health too. Please pass this information on to your GSD Board please."

·
Registered
7,466 Posts

bump for the good girl who has lost her owner and her home.

·
Registered
506 Posts

Has anyone been in touch with BlueMoon Meadows about this sweetie? They specialize in orphans.
http://www.bluemoonmeadows.org/

They probably have a waiting list and are beyond full... but it never hurts to ask.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts

bump

·
Registered
7,466 Posts

dear girl who has lost her family

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

bump

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

any chance she can be small dog tested?? she looks exactly like my gsd that died

1 - 20 of 28 Posts