German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This 7 month old male has spent much of his young life on a logging chain and needs a Christmas angel to free him. He is gorgeous and good with other dogs.

I have photos but don't know how to post them. If someone does know how and can help me out, I will email them to you.

Thanks

Karin

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: RUSTBURG, VA 7 MONTH OLD MALE

Guess the shelter would have been helpful information. He is in Campbel County (Virginia). The contact is Barbe Shackleford, who is an absolute pleasure to work with. This is the same shelter Atticus was in.

Karin

·
Registered
4,972 Posts

I was trying to see if he is on petfinder? I found these two, too, at the hs in Rustburg, va, but my brain isn't working today so I'm not sure if this is the same shelter this poor boy is at too?

** Moderator edited for mixed breed dog **

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9803746

I have such a softspot for the poor dogs that are/were chained. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
195 Posts

The ones linked above -- they are both courtesy posts that Barbe has listed on her website. The Petfinder one usually isn't as current as the humanecampell.org... Max is in Amherst Co, VA and is a mix... Britta is actually with Purrs 'n' Pups Rescue in NJ.

Hope that helps clear things up! Barbe is a BIG GSD lover and is great to work with.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Does anyone know how far he is from DC?

My Mom lives in Georgetown and our first GSD passed away in may. The house is SO empty without him and I know she wants to get another GSD. I live in ohio and am driving to DC the day after chistmas and this boy looks so much like Theo...

Does anyone have contact info for him?

·
Registered
32 Posts

Thanks! I really wouldn't mind going a bit out of my way to bring my mom the best xmas present ever! But I will email her and see if she thinks he may be a good match (we do have an 8yo corgi as well though Theo was always the man of the house!)

1 - 20 of 104 Posts