German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GSR-SP has evaluated Cash. He is withdrawn so doesn't show well at the shelter and is in imminent danger of being PTS. PACCA is severely overcrowded. When taken out he was friendly, easy to handle, showed no food aggresssion or dog aggression. Very distracted, looking for his owners but should be an easy foster. GSR-SP has put out a plea for a foster. Will update when I have more info.
PACCA
Philly Paws
Adoption Center
215-238-9901

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Re: Phila. PACCA 4-5yr old Male-Urgent

Is this the shelter that recently euthanized the young male that had rescue lined up. Was it Virgil?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

GSR-SP has a foster volunteer for Cash....but she needs to meet him tomorrow to see that he will be OK with her female. Will post the update as soon as I know something.

·
Registered
381 Posts

Camp Pappy - can you keep SASRA in the loop if you hear anything about Cash? (Donna may also try to call or e-mail you about this).

We also have a foster spot open. I know Natalie isn't at PACCA on Mondays so it's harder to get any good information from them and I'm sure they are scrambling for space to hold him even this long.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Jill
Just emailed Donna back and emailed SE's Board to get an answer. Told them you have an open foster also. Will update as soon as I know. Cocoas Mom has volunteered to foster Cash, pending a meet with him....but she hasn't heard anything either.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Cash will be going to SASRA! They have a foster home already arranged for him. PACCA knows they are pulling. Mary Ann or Jill probably have more info.

·
Registered
381 Posts

Just a quick update to let you know that Cash is indeed the newest member of the SASRA family. He's shockingly thin and desperately searching for his owner, but I'm sure he will settle down in time. I didn't get any other photos, but he will be an even more handsome guy with care and good nutrition.

Cash is hanging out at the vet until he can be neutered and then will go to his foster home. I stopped by to visit him this afternoon and had to clear away all the toys, bones, treats, etc. to find him. He's still very anxious, but seemed to enjoy our walk and a good butt-scritching.

Volunteers from SE were picking up Harley (embedded collar injury) while we were at PACCA last night. There's also the CUTEST little female Mal puppy there that I thought about sneaking home!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts