German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, I went on petfinder and found 7 12 week old PB puppies at a shelter in Morrow County OH....No pictures yet. I live just about an hour from there. They are very nice, but small, county dog warden. PF said the puppies are shy, probably not socialized.....

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9816379

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Re: Mt. Gilead, OH - 7 12wk puppies

OMG That is so sad...I hope someone can get them out fast..poor little babies..WTH is wrong with people

·
Registered
16,649 Posts

There are several Ohio rescues:
Dog's Hope, Shepherd Haven and Lake Erie German Shepherd Rescue

http://www.dogshope.com/
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/OH488.html

Can someone contact them and see if they can help? I know for sure that LEGS-R is on here. These puppies will have a far better chance of ending up in homes that can handle gsds if they get placed through rescue.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts

Just spoke with a gal at this shelter & here's the info I have so far on the little furbabies............

She said, a person brought them in & she feels they were their pups & was of course claiming they weren't.

They are coming around she feels in the 4 days they have been there. They at first were real shy wild acting & you could tell there was very little human contact with them. They are now eating well & starting to be more like puppies !

She is going to send me pics to post here (I told her what I was doing.....GS.com).

I will post them as soon as she sends (if I get before I have to leave town today).

They have had their 5-way shots & have been wormed. Did fine with that.

She says..............they're bk/tan, one a tad darker (not bk), & 2 whites with a tint of orange on them .......she wasn't sure on the orange & didn't know if whites have that at times & it fades as they age ? I wasn't sure either.......

She feels PB GS's & IF anything else...........very slight ! She talked of seeing GS's in the show ring & says, these guys show all them looks !

Her pics she thinks are all head shots. I will post them as soon as I get them.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts

Pics.................

Female **Rachel**

Female **Lass**

Male **Trapper**

Male **Laddie**

Male **Rinny**

Male **Tintin**

Male **Leon**

ALL DONE with the cuties..............

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

OH they are adorable!! I especially adore Leon!!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts

BrightStar and Echo are working on the pups as a joint effort.

I spoke with Linda at the shelter and one of the males is going to a shelter client who has a GSD that she adopted from this shelter.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts

Question - does anyone live right near this shelter? We MAY need pull help tomorrow - if you think you could help please PM me. We are trying to pull details together quickly.

·
Registered
985 Posts

Oh my....why haven't I won a lottery so I could buy a huge tract of land and adopt them all?

What adorable babies they are.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts

Please see the transport section as these pups a scheduled to come up on SATURDAY 12/8/07 with Regal.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Hello, I'm not doing anything tomorrow and could help if needed. I am 1 hour West of Mt. Gilead. The danger is of course that I would pick up 5 and one would mysteriously have a new tag & collar..I have one large airline crate and one xlarge wire that is out on loan. Just tell me what you need.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts