German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These two well bred Seniors are in Minnesota, the owner is moving to Florida following a heart attack and subsequent stroke. He cannot take them with due to health issues and housing. He will be leaving on the 28th of July and stated that a GSD rescue can't take them he will have them both put to sleep. He does not want them "falling into the wrong hands" and they are both intact.
Can someone PLEASE retire these deserving sweethearts????

Jake is 10 years old, from German working lines, his pedigree is all in German.
[/img]
And 9 yr old Tia, owner was acquainted with Ed Frawley and drove down to his kennels to meet with him and bought her as a pup. Her hips OFAed "Good".
[/img]

If you can help save these well bred seniors, please contact Mary Swankl at MARS (Midwest Animal Rescue Org.) in Minnesota, <span style="color: #990000">[email protected]</span> or Amy: <span style="color: #CC0000">[email protected]</span> who is courtesy listing them and hoping desparately to spare them being euthed.

Thank you!

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Re: Minnesota - 2 Seniors, one a Leerburg bred girl...

oh dear, what a heartbreaking situation.

·
Registered
646 Posts

poor dogs; old age is supposed to be a time of security; i just did a transport yesterday of an older dog from a shelter to a foster home; their worlds are devastated

·
Registered
6,659 Posts

So Leerburg won't take one back???? I'm just kind of speechless, they are stunning dogs...

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Re: Minneapolis, MN: 2 Seniors, 1 a Leerburg bred girl

I was told this morning that they are both in a foster home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts