German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an urgent situation I am posting for a friend for a beautiful male GSD at Animal Care and Control in Manhattan New York. I tried to find him on their petfinder site but couldn't so hope I'm showing the correct SHELTER LINK: PETFINDER SITE ANIMAL CARE & CONTROL NEW YORK CITY

All information for the shelter is also listed below.

I was at Animal Care & Control-Manhattan this past Sunday when a beautiful male GS full breed was being surrendered by his owner -- i'm attaching somes pics of the dog. The owner told me that "Kenny" is 3 years old and he had to give up the dog because Kenny and his father were always fighting over Kenny's mother. All dogs are intacts. The owner told me that Kenny is good with men, women, children, and other dogs outside the home. Kenny is very handsome and I walked him and interacted with him for about an hour. If I had room for Kenny I would have taken him immediately. Kenny knows commands and was very gentle and well behaved all the time. I have Kenny's owner phone numbers in case you want to speak with him. Kenny's ID number is A761347. He looks like a big puppy. I hope you can help this beautiful dog. He's at ACC at 326 E 110 St bet 1 & 2 aves. Shelter director is Pedro Rosario 646-235-8120. Kenny is at a high-kill shelter and doesn't have much time left unless he goes to Rescue ASAP. If he doesn't pass the SAFER test (i wouldn't if abandoned by my family in such a horrible place!) he could be killed immediately.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Re: MANHATTAN NY-3yo,M-well trained-high kill shel

He certainly is a pretty boy. Thank you for posting him Pat!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yes, I think he's very handsome also. Is there anyone closer to that area that could maybe just call and find out IF he's still available for adoption since he's not shown on petfinder?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts

Thank you CampPappy!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts

She is aware of him and has passed the word among her contacts.

If we had a Petfinder Listing.....we can post that as a courtesy post on our site. Why isn't he on their Petfinder?????

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,083 Posts

Looks like the same dog to me

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts

If it's the same dog, this needs to move out of 'Urgent', he's in a rescue.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

yes, definately is. I emailed the rescue and they confirmed it was him. They said he's sick and is at the vet's but at least that's SO much better than being sick IN the shelter. Hope he feels better soon and gets adopted quickly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts