German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1008 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Re: Male Beauty Bing NY Not much time! SCARED

So many of us will be with you in spirit, Donna; you will certinly be remembered in my prayers.

May you and all rescuers be blessed with everything good; <u>thank you</u> for helping those who most sorely need your aid.

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts

I am in Ithaca next weekend. Not so far for me to take a look and then report back to Donna. Can't promise but will try.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
I am in Ithaca next weekend. Not so far for me to take a look and then report back to Donna. Can't promise but will try.

[/ QUOTE ]

Donna's already going. She wants to look for herself.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts

Yes, I'm just responding to the call for help in socializing them. I have a few days off and was looking for a place to escape to and the nice scenic drive and hanging with needy dogs seemed perfect.

Of course, I'm never without my camera, so hopefully we'll get some nice pictures as an added bonus. Anyone want to help pose them for me?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/12_help.gif

·
Registered
3,680 Posts

Donna, I am sure Kari will do her best to be free when you are there. What days are you going?
Mel

·
Registered
4,716 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Donna, I am sure Kari will do her best to be free when you are there. What days are you going?
Mel

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, thanks, we've been in touch. I'm leaving tomorrow morning, will be at shelter Monday and probably Tuesday.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

The hotel accommodations are all set! (Nice to have a friend who owns a hotel..hehe.) Looking very forward to meeting you and getting some help for these dogs!! Thanks again!! Kari

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

Yes, will get Ozzy for sure! Donna made it here! I talked to her tonight and we are meeting at 8 am to spend much of the day with these guys! Can't wait to see them again, and see her pix. Thanks!

·
Registered
197 Posts

Just to let everyone know. BlueMoon is aware of these dog's plight. We too are working with the shelter and Kari (who is a BlueMoon Member) on solutions.

BlueMoon still have not settled the Long Island, NY, and we're waiting on some legal actions. Those dogs are being boarded at Pat Dechick by Glen Highland Farm

GSRCNY (Pat Dechick) is also aware of these dogs; but has a 32 gsds case in Corland, NY! YES! another large case in upstate NY involving GSDS. They took 8 pups from there this weekend.

SOOOOOOO many dogs in NY need help right now and we are trying our best. We open to suggestions- AND if you are an experience foster home [email protected] would love to here from you.

Kathy
Corporate Director/Vp
BlueMoon Meadows, INC

·
Registered
197 Posts

Donna - thanks NICE photos will help.

If Kari not able to make it, you can also try Dot - [email protected]

If you still can't find anyone - email me (its my home town and I have family in the area)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

DUKE AND DONNA met and we got lots of great photos. I think it was love at first sight!!!! She LOVES him and IF all goes well when Duke meets her two females Matsi and Sally, he may be moving to BOSTON tomorrow. I am ecstatic!!!! He was SO much better today, and he just did so well with her, with her patience and care. She even had him trotting behind her on the river dike. It was a sight for sore eyes; he is a HEARTBREAKER. My pics just don't do him justice. Wait till you see hers, he is a stunner.

·
Registered
9,438 Posts

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/20_bawling.gif Tears of joy! I sure hope Dukie behaves himself, because he has no idea that he's about to land in paradise. What terrific news! Thanks to everything who is working so hard on these dogs.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
DUKE AND DONNA met and we got lots of great photos. I think it was love at first sight!!!! She LOVES him and IF all goes well when Duke meets her two females Matsi and Sally, he may be moving to BOSTON tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, this is the best news Kari. We have all paws crossed this works out for Duke, Matsi, Sally and especially Donna. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/23_hug.gif

·
Registered
6,207 Posts

You know, I had a suspicion that Donna may take Duke home. He had Red's expressive ears and the sad eyes of Chewie before Donna rescued him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/23_hug.gif

·
Registered
438 Posts

OMD! I just had a feeling that if Angel Donna went, there was no way she would leave empty handed and hearted. I am jumping up and down for JOY! Believe me, if we did not have Annie, alpha female strong and hard-too much for our current old-guy, we would have one of these guys already. Our hearts break every day here knowing we just can't bring one home.

THANK GOD for Donna and her heart and capabilities. I cross all paws that the pups approve and a new journey of blossoming and awakening can begin with Angel Donna and her pack as they guide a once lost soul to the land of love and HOME.

Much love to you Donna and pups and prayers for the Bing. Crew of Lost Sheps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/23_hug.gif

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·

Saw Donna tonight at the hotel.....we were celebrating. It's official: This boy can be marked as SAVED. She bought a crate at a local pet store here, and they are all going HOME to Boston tomorrow!!! I think she's going to have a much deserved swim at the hotel pool in the morning to relax (she deserves this -- she put in a FULL day at the shelter .. I'll let her fill you all in on that!) and then, it's off to do the official paperwork and be on their way. I will be wistfully waving goodbye as they hit the road for HOME. Duke and Donna are wonderful together. This boy is -- SO HANDSOME, you just won't believe it. I think we're all going to have a lot of heartwarming tales following his progress with her. I will let her fill you all in on the details when she gets back home to her computer.... lots to tell. She got some great photos of his sisters, brothers and cousins from the farm, and we just need to get them out of there. Both Duke and Sarah -- the first two to make it out alive, are showing us that these dogs, once removed from the chaos of this shelter, can really be AMAZING. Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!

21 - 40 of 1008 Posts