German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the info about this guy, named Gatsby. This dog is in the same shelter as the dog I posted last week. Same deal, the shelter is NOT rescue friendly and if anyone is interested in this poor guy the only way to save him is to contact the one rescue group that the shelter allows to pull.

The only info I have about him is that he is young, friendly and gets along well with other dogs.

He is located in Northwest Indiana, here is the email contacts if anyone can help.

[email protected]
or
[email protected]

Gatsby has until 8/21

CPR Fund is the name of the rescue group that is allowed to pull from this shelter, no other rescues are allowed, no phone calls accepted. So, if you are interested in this guy please act quickly.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Re: Gatsby Northwest Indiana Young Male

How sad

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

this is one gorgeous dog ...

Originally Posted By: Fran_EI just received the info about this guy, named Gatsby. This dog is in the same shelter as the dog I posted last week. Same deal, the shelter is NOT rescue friendly and if anyone is interested in this poor guy the only way to save him is to contact the one rescue group that the shelter allows to pull.

The only info I have about him is that he is young, friendly and gets along well with other dogs.

He is located in Northwest Indiana, here is the email contacts if anyone can help.

[email protected]
or
[email protected]

Gatsby has until 8/21

CPR Fund is the name of the rescue group that is allowed to pull from this shelter, no other rescues are allowed, no phone calls accepted. So, if you are interested in this guy please act quickly.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I should probably explain a little more. CPR Fund is not a GSD recsue, if anything they work with bully breeds the most and do good work with them, but they are very good in helping all the dogs that they can. They do try to work with other rescues to save as many dogs as is possible.

As I imagine is true everywhere, the rescues around here a full to the seams and they just don't have any place for him to go.

The shelter is one of the most anti rescue high kill shelters that I have ever encountered and the dogs don't have a prayer of adoption unless pulled by CPR.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

Originally Posted By: Fran_EI should probably explain a little more. CPR Fund is not a GSD recsue, if anything they work with bully breeds the most and do good work with them, but they are very good in helping all the dogs that they can. They do try to work with other rescues to save as many dogs as is possible.

As I imagine is true everywhere, the rescues around here a full to the seams and they just don't have any place for him to go.

The shelter is one of the most anti rescue high kill shelters that I have ever encountered and the dogs don't have a prayer of adoption unless pulled by CPR.

·
Registered
740 Posts

My son passed away on July 12th. He was my everything. For my own mental health I have taken a break from rescue work. Honestly I am in no frame of mind to deal with anything other than what is on my plate currently. We have saved over 900 dogs since the rescue has opened. Now it is time to work on me. It is time I save me from ME! So someone else is going to have to pick up the slack in Indiana while I get rescued.....

·
Registered
3,996 Posts

One way we can help Melody is to make sure that the Indiana dogs do get saved, it would mean alot to her. There cam be nothing worse in the world then to lose your own child.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

Is that it for this guy?

Originally Posted By: Fran_EI should probably explain a little more. CPR Fund is not a GSD recsue, if anything they work with bully breeds the most and do good work with them, but they are very good in helping all the dogs that they can. They do try to work with other rescues to save as many dogs as is possible.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

Offer to pull from Cindy for a reputable rescue...

·
Registered
4,878 Posts

Melody, please accept my deepest sympathies in the loss of your son.

Please do take care of yourself. I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Melody, please accept my condolences, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Good News! I just was notified that a foster has stepped up and Gatsby is safe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts