German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style='font-family: Arial Black'> </span> It's hard to go into a shelter and forget the faces of dogs such as "Littlegirl". Undoubtedly she knows she's at the end of the road. When the first photo was taken earlier in the week she had her companion in the run with her and she stood and looked at the photographer I guess having hope that somebody would get her out of there. Saturday she was alone, her companion had already been euthanized, and she she had the look of defeated depressed dog.
Littlegirl is listed on petfinder as a gsd mix, but she caught my attention of being a pb gsd with soft ears. Don't know her age but it says she loves kids and other dogs and is very very gentle. Once her time is up she won't be held over. There is help available to pull from this shelter and low cost boarding available in the area. If anyone is interested in helping Littlegirl call the shelter asap.( They are closed on Monday)
Petfinder Mercer County 'WV "Littlegirl" female gsd -this is the link to her petfinder posting. She is in the Mercer County Shelter in Princeton WV. A very high kill shelter.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Re: End of the road-another older GSD f- Mercer Co.WV

There is a transport leaving from this area also for the coming weekend. If someone can commit, we can get her pulled and ready to go. We just don't want to lose another one this week.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts

Oh my gosh, how sad she looks....isn't there SOMEONE that can foster her?

·
Registered
2,430 Posts

I thought she looked sad too Sue. This is such a high kill shelter it's unbelieveable. All of our fosters are full, but we do have a low cost kennel option close by if someone is willing to committ to save her.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Re: End of the road-another older GSD f- Mercer Co

Oh, the poor dog! Doesn't someone have room for a sweet, gentle senior who's good with other dogs? Bleh--this one is going to give me nightmares!!!!!

·
Registered
7,466 Posts

omg she has been on my mind all evening long too. bless her heart. is there just one tiny miracle left here for this dear "little girl"...anyone???

·
Registered
16,649 Posts

It says she is wonderful with children and that transport is available. But if someone doesn't step up for her she will be dead like her companion in the first picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,466 Posts

can anyone here help littlegirl?

·
Registered
506 Posts

Originally Posted By: FORRUGER <span style='font-family: Arial Black'> </span> It's hard to go into a shelter and forget the faces of dogs such as "Littlegirl". Undoubtedly she knows she's at the end of the road...

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

Originally Posted By: FORRUGER <span style='font-family: Arial Black'> </span>
It's hard to go into a shelter and forget the faces of dogs such as "Littlegirl". Undoubtedly she knows she's at the end of the road. When the first photo was taken earlier in the week she had her companion in the run with her and she stood and looked at the photographer I guess having hope that somebody would get her out of there. Saturday she was alone, her companion had already been euthanized, and she she had the look of defeated depressed dog.
Littlegirl is listed on petfinder as a gsd mix, but she caught my attention of being a pb gsd with soft ears. Don't know her age but it says she loves kids and other dogs and is very very gentle. Once her time is up she won't be held over. There is help available to pull from this shelter and low cost boarding available in the area. If anyone is interested in helping Littlegirl call the shelter asap.( They are closed on Monday)
Petfinder Mercer County 'WV "Littlegirl" female gsd -this is the link to her petfinder posting. She is in the Mercer County Shelter in Princeton WV. A very high kill shelter.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts

is there anyone here who could call the shelter tomorrow when they open and see if she is still there? the wall around my heart is a little cracked today, and i'm not sure i'm up to it. is the day they close the day they euth?

i have seen dogs on this board where i thought there was absolutely no hope and, somehow, someone has come to their aid. it sounds like there are several possibilities for pull and transport help earlier in the thread. i can sponsor short term boarding (and more if a recognized rescue would come forward for her).

dear littlegirl (not sure how to do the crying icon).

1 - 20 of 132 Posts