Registered
3,825 Posts
Re: Elizabethtown,NC-Young adult F-worse than the

THANK YOU for taking her!!!

·
Registered
9,438 Posts

VSnap - I see a VERY familiar name in your signature -- my very special and favorite boy Smiley Riley!!!!!! Geez, don't get me started on how much I love a dog I've never met!

Thank you so much for helping this sweet girl. She has so many things going against her, but with your help and her strong spirit, I'm sure she'll be just fine. I know she's in the very best of hands!

·
Registered
6,659 Posts

This girl is safe now and in Veronica's loving home BUT we really need a rescue to take over. Our girl is going to need time to recover and all the help we can give her. I understand she is just the sweetest little girl. I just pray we can end her suffering soon so that she's not so uncomfortable. If anyone knows of any rescues please send them my way.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,583 Posts

Thank you all for the support, and hopefully she will make a full recovery. Please keep looking for a rescue, as I think it will be her best option, but I will hold onto her and work on getting her back to health until such time. She is in the garage right now with a big fan that I got at Lowe's tonight. I also bought a window A/C unit that my neighbor said he would help install tomorrow.

I have named her Rasmund in honor of the first black GSD I knew while I was growing up....belonged to an elderly neighbor. Sweet dog.

She is resting comfortable....I think she is exhausted. She is loose in the garage, but has chosen to sleep in a large metal dog crate that I have out there, with the door open. I put a comforter in there, and the fan is blowing toward it. She has been in and out of it several times, and seems content to be in there instead of on a piece of carpet I have out there.

She took her meds and had some dinner, and seems to be happy just sleeping (perhaps the bath help relieve some of her itching)

Here are links to a few pics....I'm too tired to try to figure it out right now. Will update more tomorrow. Have a great night all.

I will ask the vet about the Revolution option as well. Thanks for the heads up!

Rasmund says thanks for all the prayers and efforts for her

·
Registered
6,659 Posts

Oh this poor little angel. How did she sleep last night? I'm hoping the bath helped ease her suffering some. She looks like such a sweetie. We really need a rescue here if we can get one to help us out. Any ideas, any suggestions, I'll take them all. So far all I've gotten have been 'no's but I refuse to give up. I can't imagine how much this dog is suffering and to let an animal get to this condition is so uncalled for.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts

Those pictures are painful to look at. I hope she improves soon.

Thank you for taking her in.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts

I can't find this post, I'm finding it on my posts but not on the boards????

·
Registered
6,659 Posts

oh here it is, can we move this to non-urgent??? Yes she is out the high kill shelter but she is still in need of rescue???
Thanks

·
Registered
6,659 Posts

Just reviewed the dog thread that so many had followed some time ago with the severe skin problems and found out he had Scabies. Can we check her for that?

·
Registered
6,659 Posts

A SIMPLE WAY TO PRESUME THE DIAGNOSIS OF SCABIES IN DOGS
Scroll down to see a movie of the Pinna-Pedal Reflex

In over 95% of dogs with Sarcoptic Mite infestation (Scabies) a simple test can suggest that these mites are present. It is called the Pedal-Pinna Reflex Test. Since almost all dogs with Scabies mites will have mites along the ear flap (called the Pinna) margins, as displayed in some of the photos below, the dog will reflexively use a back leg in a scratching motion if the Pinna is scratched gently by a person testing this reflex. Simply take the Pinna between your thumb and forefinger and vigorously scratch the surface of the underside of the Pinna with the forefinger. Dogs with no mites seldom work the back leg in a scratching motion. Dogs with sarcoptic mites almost always will demonstrate an involuntary scratching motion with the back leg while you are scratching the Pinna.

ThePetCheckup™
Find out about this unique in-home health test kit for dogs and cats that may revolutionize pet health care awareness!

I guess Scabies are the same as mange??? But I got this off the Internet.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts

So far I haven't had any yes's from the rescues but I will keep trying. I think she looks much better after her bath

·
Registered
6,659 Posts

I know that some people are here looking at her pictures and thinking they couldn't possibly take a dog like her. She may not be the most attractive dog on the boards but to me she is beautiful. I can't possibly imagine the discomfort this poor girl has been in (and is likely still in) but yet she manages to wag her tail when approached. Dispite how she has been treated by humans she still greets when with an open and loving heart. Not long ago this little girl was a cute bouncng buddle of joy, someone likely promised to love her always...they broke that promise, they neglected her terriably and she was left to fend for herself. Please if you know anyone who needs a dog that so needs someone special in her life, please let us know. If your a rescue please consider this special lady.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts

Lenore heres the girl you were looking for!!!! Do you know of any rescues that might be interested in her???

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

Please help me understand this situation, there is someone who can foster but needs a rescue backing and no rescue can take her on because of lack of funds? Or because there is no one to foster and VSnap just pulled for the very short term? Looking to understand so I can be of help. Thanks

·
Registered
6,659 Posts

Thanks so much. Veronica (VSnap) has pulled and taken this girl to the vet for the visit she talks about on the thread. She was pulled because she was going to be euthanized at the shelter. Veronica would like a rescue to take her and cover future medical expenses, but Veronica has said she will hold her as long as she needs to and help with transport to get her to a rescue. I hope that helps clear things up, if not please let me know.
Thanks for all your help!!!!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

Thanks Rosa for clarifying.

I am willing to donate towards her care, if a rescue will step up for her. I am not able to help in her transport nor foster at this time, but can help with $$. Anyone else? Every little counts
Sorry if this constitutes soliciting funds ...Mods you can edit out.

My donation will be in memory of Millie and Gabby ...
sweet girls

·
Registered
1,583 Posts

Hello again! Been a crazy day! Rasmund is doing fine. She is still exhausted. Appetite is great, attitude is great, she is so sweet. I think I have a rescue to take her...I'll keep you posted. Need to confirm a few more things and firm things up before post any specific info...hope you all understand. I'll post more in a bit...time to go feed her and give her the medicines. Thanks for all the support and prayers for her. She is going to be such a great dog!!

·
Registered
6,659 Posts

Moie, thank you so much...and to do it in memory of Millie and Gabby-that really touches my heart!!!!!
V, that would be wonderful if you found a rescue for her!!! Please keep me posted. I think I've contacted every rescue in North Carolina and its surrounding states and so far, haven't been too successsful.
I'm so glad to hear she is doing well and eating. I'm so very happy for her. I'll keep working her until I hear otherwise from you.
In thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
94 Posts

This is truly what rescue is for. God bless whoever pulled her. Can someone post contact info (email) for rescue or donation inquiries? If it was somewhere up on the thread, I missed it.

·
Registered
305 Posts

Let me know what rescue too I will make a donation also in Millie’s memory. Rasmund looks like a beautiful dog who will be a loyal friend for life—her poor face haunts me--how can this happen??? Thank you to Vsnap and Rosa and all the Rescue angels on this forum who do this every single day--bless you

41 - 60 of 112 Posts