German Shepherds Forum banner
41 - 60 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Re: Depressed "Max", b/t MGSD, Chilton County, AL

Yep, my offer still stands although of course a perm home is always better than a temp home. Of course he could stay with me as long as he needed. I am use to long term foster based on the types of dogs I usually accept. I think we all just want him out of there as soon as possible. My email is [email protected] in case anyone needs it.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts

Max we are trying, please don't give up.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts

Danielle gave me her email and if there is anyway that someone could get Max to her, she would love to adopt him. She saw my posting asking for help and that is how I came to meet her. If there is a better situation for him that is great I just don't want to hear he was put down because he wasn't eating. If a rescue can help and wants her email I can pass on, she knows this, as I have pass to Dawn who first posted him, don't know if she emailed Danielle as yet?

Believe me the Max comes first. If gr8flcat can foster, that would be wonderful, to give him time to know love and a home can be checked to be best for this guy we have all fell in love with.

Yes, let's get him OUT.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts

Originally Posted By: gr8flcatYep, my offer still stands although of course a perm home is always better than a temp home. Of course he could stay with me as long as he needed. I am use to long term foster based on the types of dogs I usually accept. I think we all just want him out of there as soon as possible. My email is [email protected] in case anyone needs it.
I think that's great if you can foster and if Danielle still wants to adopt she can be checked, but in the mean time he is out of there. Do you have anyway to get him?

·
Registered
7 Posts

I can give him a permanent home. I live about 2 hours away and will get in touch with the shelter tomorrow. He is absolutely in need of some TLC!!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts

Lizbeth welcome to the forum, you'd like this guy?

I see this is your first post, please introduce yourself
we like new people especially one who is will help

·
Registered
7 Posts

I am from the Huntsville, AL area and am a stay at home mom so I can devote alot of time to Max. I have been looking for a few months for a "special" dog to add to our family and I think Max is the one! We have two teenagers, two cats, and a small dog. I hope everything works out and we can give him a quiet and loving home.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts

That sounds great!! Max is really going to need a special family after what has happend to him, I am always amazed at the cruelty of people.

There are some really great people here who have dealt with dogs who need some "extra" care, they will be more than happy I am sure to give you some advice.

Have you ever had a GSD?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·

Lizbeth, if you need help getting him, let us know. melony is close by. I'm only an hour away but can't get there before they close. Also there is another rescue person who volunteers with this shelter, she's probably the one who took the pics.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

Forgot to add that if for any reason it doesn't work out for you, let someone know ASAP, I'll PM you my phone number and Melony's phone number so that we can get him out for Cat in NC. I know Cat personally and would gladly let her foster this guy for us if she's willing. I'l get Melony to check with the shelter tomorrow to see what his status is.

·
Registered
24,301 Posts

Originally Posted By: Dawn KnightLizbeth, if you need help getting him, let us know. melony is close by. I'm only an hour away but can't get there before they close. Also there is another rescue person who volunteers with this shelter, she's probably the one who took the pics.
So if you were to facilitate you'd also be able to do the home check! Cool!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·

I think Lizbeth is planning to adopt him directly from the shelter. I just want to make sure he doesn't fall through the cracks because we have a foster standing by if needed. Mel will check on him in the morning if she didn't today. I have to work until noon on Sat and the shelter closes at noon. I am supposed to be taking a new foster to Melony Sat also so she really doesn't have room to take him beyond a very temporary situation.

·
Registered
7 Posts

If someone could bring him a little closer to me (north of Birmingham) that would be great! But if not, I would certainly make the trip to get him tomorrow. I will call the shelter in the morning to make sure he is still available and then make arrangements. I am free all day until 4:00 so the morning would be better for me.

·
Registered
218 Posts

This is great news. I just got from a walk with Silas and this sounds fantastic. Bless you and feel free to ask us questions if you need to, about how to help him settle in.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts

You guys are all angels who help out with these dogs looking for homes. God bless all of you! I frequent this board just to make sure there is a happy ending for these guys. My husband tells me to stop looking at these boards because they upset me. I tell him that he wouldn't believe how many great people there are out there that care about these animals! I told my husband today that when we have a bigger house with some land, we have to foster some dogs. He's all for it!

There are so many dogs here that tug at your heart, but reading about Max really got to me today. I've been in tears all afternoon. He deserves so much better than where he is. So, whoever ends up providing his new family, please give him a huge hug and lots of kisses from all of us out there thinking about him! Most importantly, don't forget to post pictures of a happier Max!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts

How wonderful that he will be getting out. Please give us updates and pictures of this guy, he has touched alot of hearts here.

·
Registered
7 Posts

I will certainly keep everyone updated, I just hope everything goes as I planned and that he is still there for me. My husband, I think ,is more anxious than me!

·
Registered
3,927 Posts

Oh, this is wonderful lizbeth you are adopting Max
I have been working on this guy and looking into his eyes all day- I can't wait to see him smile and sounds like you have just the family that can bring a smile to this beautiful soul.

I was also working a group of people who were trying and they will be so very happy for him, thank you.

Welcome

Kathleen

41 - 60 of 138 Posts