German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please cross-post!

<span style="color: #FF0000">This GSD can be euthanized at 8:00 am on July 17th if a rescue can’t take it before then. </span> Anyone who can help must call Animal Control before 5:00 on July 16th to get a hold on the dog so it won’t be gassed the next morning. They can contact Animal Control at 704-922-8677, take option 4, and reference Tag #4607

I will be out of the office beginning this Friday, July 18th, and will be gone the following week. I will not have access to email during this time. Please check the Gaston County Animal Control website during this time to see if any other GSD’s come into the shelter. Any GSD rescue group can pull thru the ALGC for no adoption fee for any pets marked as “others”.

The website for Gaston County Animal Control is: http://www.co.gaston.nc.us/AnimalControl/PetAdoption.htm Click where it says to view adoptable pets… Pets marked as “others” are in the non-adopts and can only be pulled by rescue groups. Please note the “release date”… this is the date that “others” will be euthanized.. you must call AC and get a hold on them BEFORE the release date or they will be euthanized that morning before AC opens to the public.

If you need to reach me you can call 704-678-6639.

Thanks for any help you can give!
Tag# 4607
Type DOG
Sex MALE

Breed
GERMAN SHEPHERD
Color
BLACK/GRAY

Cage #M8
Age 4YRS
Release Date 07/17/2008

OTHERS I do not yet know why this boy is in the Others Section

Admitted Date
07/11/2008
Area Pickup: LINWOOD RD, GASTONIA
Remarks: POSSIBLE PURE BRED

<span style="color: #CC0000">PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO PULL FEE FOR OTHERS GOING TO RESCUE, THERE IS ALSO NO VETTING/SHOTS GIVEN AT THIS SHELTER. THE DOG WOULD NEED TO BE IMMEDIATELY TAKEN TO A VET.</span>

Please note: This shelter has had recent parvo exposure - confirmed case in a young pup that went to rescue last week. This boy is an adult, but the sooner he gets out the better.

<span style="color: #FF0000">THIS IS A GASSING SHELTER</span>

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: GASTON COUNTY NC ANIMAL CONTROL - Sable Male

More contact information:

CONTACT INFORMATION:

Please contact the following individuals:

Lisa Benton @ the Gastonia Animal Shelter (704) 922-8677, and choose prompt # 4 if you can foster/rescue.

Kristy Ballard at [email protected]

Marcie Bonar at [email protected]

Rhonda Blake… her email is: [email protected] or her cell number is 704-214-0095

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

Originally Posted By: ebrannanWow, that boy is saying, "Give me a job, please!"
bump
You wrote *exactly* what I was thinking! He is so awesome! i wish, i wish.

Good Luck boy. I hope you find a good home.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts

Bump....
any rescues in the area??

·
Registered
767 Posts

This is heartbreaking all these dogs in Danger...He is stunning..

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I called GASTON COUNTY NC ANIMAL CONTROL and they provided me with a bit more information on this boy.

The complaintant that called AC said he was aggressive. However, I was able to speak with the kennel staff and several people said he has actually been quite good with the staff, "friendly boy". They also volunteered that he is not charging the kennel gate when other dogs are walked by.

Now, all this means is that this boy needs/deserves a temp test, but he is in OTHERS (not the adoption floor) simply because the complaintant said he was aggressive.

He is scheduled to be gassed on Thursday morning before AC opens to the public. There is pull help available to a reputable rescue.

·
Registered
254 Posts

This shelter is quick to put dogs in Others. Almost 100% of the dogs who end up there are put in Others from having fleas, to their color, to their breed, to not enjoying being yanked around on those f-ing catch poles, to whatever you can think of. "Perfect" dogs end up in the Others section as well.

Also, be careful who you ask to temp test b/c some of them don't know jack.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts

Originally Posted By: pupresqIs Jarnee taking any dogs? I think she's probably closest, if she's got space.

He is GORGEOUS!
When I spoke with Jarnee earlier this week, she is overfilled.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts

This dog was not exposed to Parvo....parvo was in a dog pulled last Friday, and it was in a female puppy pen. Just FYI.

I am able to help pull and transport to a vet if needed.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts