German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Alyssa

She is about 7 months old, is pretty and smart and loves to please. She is not, however, very happy to be in the animal shelter. She does not like the water hose (though she's doing better with that). Mainly she's very scared and confused. She loves the staff and clings frantically to them screaming when they try to leave her pen. It is truly pitiful to see.

Petfinder

I work with this shelter and I'm doing rescue coordination for Alyssa and Eliza. If you can help please email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Re: Alyssa - 7mo F in Harlan KY

Is there anyone who can help with this girl? Get her out and help with transport to NE Ohio or Pitts, Pa. area?

·
Registered
239 Posts

Oh MY Gosh !!! What the he!! is wrong with people??? I sit here going thru all these post wondering why all these dogs can't show up in my townships (I do Dog Control for 2 towns ) !! I just informed my DH he was taking me to KY !
Sorry for the vent...but this is soooo frustrating

·
Registered
365 Posts

No, I have no rescue in mind and yes, I am offering pull and transport to any approved rescue that can take her that is along my route. I am transporting from KY, through WV, MD and ending in Harrisburg, PA. At this time, there are no connecting legs past Harrisburg but I have not posted the run yet so that may change.

Creed

·
Registered
2,430 Posts

Creed-would your transport be going anywhere near Melbourne? We have the Boy at Melbourne that we are trying to get out. PM-me, maybe we can work something out for him as well.

·
Registered
365 Posts

Please email me re your boy in Melbourne. [email protected]
Trans is not going near Melbourne as I am in eastern KY. However, this shelter is only 2.5 hours from me. If we can get some trans help on the shelter side to get the dog to me...I am sure we can work it out. Where is his final destination?

Creed

·
Registered
2,430 Posts

Hi Creed-thanks so much for your response. We don't exactly have a place for this boy to go yet. He may be coming here to us in Bluewell WV but our kennel facility is closing at the end of the month and I am trying to find alternative options for him. I have spoken with Dawn of Last Hope about possibly taking him as well as Wilson's Animal Rescue who is willing also to help with transport. I was hoping that with the offer of transport and sponsorship we can entice someone to take him.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts

We may be able to take, but do need info on how she is with other dogs.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts

hoping for good news for alyssa too!

1 - 20 of 90 Posts