German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
10,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
…new year goal, to work my way through all of my county and the neighboring counties regional parks. there’s about 50 that don’t have dog restrictions, so it works out perfectly to do a new one each weekend. i may use this thread to track them and help with accountability, but until then, here was today’s pick! Miller/Knox Regional Shoreline. for those who don’t know Keystone, he’s a 55# GSD x Mal x ACD turning 9yrs old in a couple weeks. (@Hopps, at 7 or 8, don’t let people tell you Fern is on her way out 😉)

started in the hills across from the actual park… 69°
Cloud Sky Plant Water Plant community

Sky Plant People in nature Slope Natural landscape

i have him run up the steep parts for an extra workout.
Dog Plant Sky Plant community Carnivore

off leash trail rules: wait at all intersections, heel when necessary…
Plant Sky Plant community Natural landscape Tree

Dog Leg Grass Carnivore Fawn

once we made it down to the main park, some OB because of the many ground squirrels behind me.
Sky Natural landscape Slope Land lot Plant

views of SF…
Sky Cloud Water Water resources Plant

a bit of trespassing…
(he’s does all his own stunts, lol)
Plant Paint Graffiti Art Carnivore

Sky Building Azure Cloud Paint

& the money shot 🤩
Sky Water Cloud Dog Dog breed

i love this little bad dog!

·
Registered
Ilita Von Cluskey, DOB 11/7/21
865 Posts
Beautiful shots, wonderful dog! And the 'money shot' is awesome!

The pics bring back a lot of memories from a very long time ago. We have been out of California for almost 40 years. It has changed, a lot. These photos bring back the serenity you could find in the past.

Thanks for sharing!!!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Yes, love it! Make sure you get to Anthony Chabot, and Las Trampas! Too bad dogs are not allowed on EBMUD land, it's really beautiful also.

·
Super Moderator
Cava, floofy supermodel
33,033 Posts
I've never been to Miller/Knox - beautiful!

• Love
Reactions: Fodder

·
Super Moderator
Cava, floofy supermodel
33,033 Posts
Make sure you get to Anthony Chabot...
I'll make sure she does! That's my stomping ground, I've hiked many if not most of the trails there.

·
Administrator
10,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've never been to Miller/Knox - beautiful!
the trails here are largely under utilized. the shoreline, picnic areas and lagoon are much more popular…and location wise it’s a bit “out of the way”, like point richmond itself, so mostly locals. there are some pretty steep sections and you can’t really log a lot of miles, but the views are lovely and you can access them quickly.
Water Plant Water resources Cloud Sky

Map World Atlas Font Plan

·
Administrator
10,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
…and just that quick i forgot about this thread 😬
i’ve still been working my way thru the parks, but haven’t always snapped photos worth sharing. i had the morning off today for an appointment and because i don’t typically frequent dog parks, i figured it’d be the perfect day (a weekday) to visit Point Isabel. although most of the regional parks allow dogs off leash in the undeveloped areas of the parks - this is the only one that’s officially designated as an off leash dog park.

an uneventful visit on a beautiful day…..this shot was taken as we headed out ☀
Sky Water Plant Road surface Asphalt

if your eyesight is good - that’s the golden gate bridge in the back!

·
Super Moderator
Cava, floofy supermodel
33,033 Posts
We haven't been there in SO long!

·
Administrator
10,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Super Moderator
Cava, floofy supermodel
33,033 Posts
That was a good hike, I’d definitely do it again. Was supposed to be 5.7 miles but turned out to be 6.3 miles - plenty challenging with 800 feet of elevation gain.

And it’s always fun to spend time with you and Keystone! Cava is enjoying her post hike couch time.

Dog Vertebrate Carnivore Dog breed Comfort

·
Registered
550 Posts
That was a good hike, I’d definitely do it again. Was supposed to be 5.7 miles but turned out to be 6.3 miles - plenty challenging with 800 feet of elevation gain.

And it’s always fun to spend time with you and Keystone! Cava is enjoying her post hike couch time.

View attachment 584671
In the second and last photo that was just posted, see that tower, and line of trees on the ridge in the distance. I use to live on the other side of that ridge, I do miss that place. Could ride right out of my gate. Before living there I boarded my horse at Anthony Chabot Equestrian Center, rode all over Anthony Chabot, Redwood Regional, and over to Moraga, and Castro Valley.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts