German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I look over and see Sasha (also known as Moto and Munch!) curled up on the sofa, her head on a pillow and contentedly knawing on a deer antler (which by the way are the BEST chewie, ever!) I wonder if she remembers where she spent the first year and half of her life.

In July our rescue got a call about some folks that were moving and wanted to unload their dog. When our volunteer arrived, there was Sasha, living in a feces filled garage. The garage was the only place she knew. She stayed in there, slept in there, ate in there, relieved herself in there - it was her entire world. She was skin and bones, totally unsocialized, fear aggressive, unhousebroken, in short - a hot little mess.

She got transported to me and spent her first night in my home cowering in the corner, completely terrified of everything and every one. Sasha was even scared of a five month old puppy who kept trying to make friends. She would climb over and behind things so that she was hidden.

By the next night, she wasn't paralyzed with fear and started to show some interest in the puppy. And for some reason, she decided she liked crazy old Bob (my Blind foster dog).

It took months before she started to enjoy our touch and just recently she started giving us her belly to rub. Now and then we actually get a little kiss out of her. She will curl up against me in bed and has started coming to us to get some affection.

Don't get me wrong - she still has a long way to go, but as I look over and see her so comfy on the couch, with a look of content, rather than total fear, it really makes me feel warm inside.

Yesterday I officially adopted her and turned in her adoption contract. She trusts us (for the most part) and I think we need her as much as she needs us.

Merry Christmas to goofy little Sasha! We love you!

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
That's the power of love for ya! :wub:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts